Shin's Read Log 2009

Shin

OMG...I missed giving reviews for 6 books that I read last year...how slack of me!!!!

Ok, I will give quick reviews of each and then I will be requesting to close this log and onto my 2010 one.

Jeff Lindsay - Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Ok it was quite a while ago that I read this but I have to say I struggled with this. Being in Dexter's mind was terrible...I mean I got really really bored with the way he was thinking. I was really disappointed in this book and honestly don't know if I will read the rest of the books. I gave this one 6/10 and that is being generous.

Karin Slaughter - Triptych

Again, another one a read a while ago but I do remember that this was another book I just couldn't put down. I loved the way Slaugher introduced the characters and

I loved the way you thought the bad guy was the good guy and vice versa at the beginning.

Very enjoyable so this one got 10/10 from me.

Karin Slaughter - Fractured

This still was a great read for the second book in the Altanta series however I did not think it was edge gripping as Triptych but still great. 10/10 again.

Karin Slaughter - Kisscut

Finally I got the second book in the Grant County series to read. After reading the first book (the only book in a long time that had me reading until the book was finished in record time - UNPUTDOWNABLE!!! :D). I found the story a little hard to take in,

due to the child abuse in the story.

So I little harder for me to enjoy compared to the first one. But I loved catching up with the characters especially Jeffrey...for some reason after this book I am not liking Sara...don't know why. That may change when I read the third one but this book still gets 10/10.

Charlaine Harris - Living Dead in Dallas & Club Dead

I am just going to review this books together. I just love the Sookie Stackhouse series and I can not say a bad thing about these books. I just love the relationship between Sookie and Bill, Sookie and Eric, Sookie and Alcide. :lol: These books are just pure fun and I highly recommend them. 10/10 for each.

Sorry that was all rushed, but after a few months of reading a book I do forget details. But you can find my reading list for 2010 in my sig.

Hope to see you there and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! xxxx

I have read all of these books:lol: yo have good taste :lol:

Shame you did not like Dexter, I found it an enjoyable read, but I am not a fan of all of them. I agree with fractured and found the storyline not as good as previous ones and found it to be rather mediocure, considering I expect so much from her. Triptych is an amazing book!!! End of really, loved it and alctually took me by surprise when I read it, as I was not expecitng a lot. One of her best I feel.

As for the Sookie, I do like them, but really gone off them as of late, will continue with the series, I think I am on Book five.

So now you are ready for Skin Privilege and Genisis when it comes to slaughter... How exciting! :lol:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic