Riley and Scooter

ladymacbeth

Hi there.

In case you are wondering, Riley and Scooter are the names of my two dogs -they are cocker spaniel / poodle crosses aged 3 months and 10 months.

I'm from New Zealand, married, no kids (yet).

I'm really pleased to find this forum as I love books but have never had the time to join a book club.

I'm hoping to get new ideas about good books to read as I often find my self a bit paralysed at the book shop. I want to get something new but I'm afraid of getting a dud! Books seem more expensive in NZ than they did when I lived in England for a while.

Books I love or have enjoyed in the past are

-David Eddings series, Sword of Shannara and the Clan of the Cave Bear as a teenager

- Pride and Prejudice

-a bit of chick lit as long as it is funny eg Marian Keyes, Fiona Walker, Jill Mansell

- Sarah Kate Lynch who writes chick lit and is a NZ author (Blessed Are is probably her best book)

- Some young adult stuff - Twilight, Harry Potter, Mortal Instruments

-Time Travellers Wife

- Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series

- Catch 22

- my favourite book ever is The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay

So mostly fantasy and a bit of romance chucked in. :lol:

If you have any suggestions for me I would love it.

Hi ladymacbeth! :17:to the forum! I'm sure you'll find lots of different reading suggestions on here. In fact, just hand over all of your money to the book stores, it's easier that way!

Welcome to the forum ladymacbeth! After years of deliberation, I've finally decided to start on the Wheel of Time series. Have you read them all so far?

Thanks for all the welcomes.

I like your username

Thanks. Actually , I am not that clever and it actually is my name. Minus the Lady bit. Embarassingly, my husband who has had this name all his life, has never read or seen the play!!!! Neither has his father. I find this shocking. I gave him a brief synopsis once but he wasn't really interested because it's wasn't written by Jeremy Clarkson.:icon_eek:

After years of deliberation, I've finally decided to start on the Wheel of Time series. Have you read them all so far?

I have read them all several times because they are so in-depth I have to read them all again each time a new book comes out. I love them obviously. Robert Jordan has a distinctive style so you will either love it or hate it. Books 3,4 and 5 are the strongest in the series.