Arise Sir Saruman

*YAY*! I grew up watching this man, I used to tape his Dracula movies off the telly religiously... he's intitutional!

On a sadder note, apparently he could not be starring in The Hobbit films - I read somewhere that because of his age his doctor might not allow him to fly over to the set! I do hope it's not true... he is after all a very sprightly old man, I remember reading an interview with Pippin a few years ago stating that, when they all went to the theme park as a cast outing, good old Saruman was having the time of his life on the rollercoasters!

On a sadder note, apparently he could not be starring in The Hobbit films - I read somewhere that because of his age his doctor might not allow him to fly over to the set!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I was counting on him to be Saruman in The Hobbit! Apparently it's the same with Ian Holm too, but not to be off topic.

I really really really love his voice! Its so booming and terrifying. I can't wait to see him in the Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. :blush:

I can't wait to see him in the Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. :blush:
Me neither - that film's got the bestest cast, hasn't it just? Apart from the Burton staples Johnny and Helena we have Cristopher himself, Alan Rickman, even Stephen Fry...!!