Nelson DeMille

Does anybody know if the books by Nelson Demille should be read in any particular order? Or does it not really matter?

I have recently come across The Lion's Game and although I'm only a few pages in I feel like the main character must have been in several other books and that I might have missed something....

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

Yes there is an order to some of his books. The John Corey series starts with Plum Island, the Lion's Game, Night Fall and his last one in this series is Wild Fire (I haven't seen this in the UK yet).

The Paul Brenner series starts with The General's Daughter and next is Up Country.

Other than that, they are all fine to read in whatever order you like. Charm School is great but my favourite DeMille book has to Plum Island, though I love all the John Corey series. In fact I love his books full stop but oe or two of the early ones are not as good, they just don't keep you.

• 2 weeks later...

I read his books as he writes them so I guess I read them in order.

I missed The Gold Coast when it came out, but when he wrote The Gate House, he recommended The Gold Coast should be read first.

So I ordered and waited to receive The Gold Coast, and glad I did because The Gate House is a continuation of it.

I think he said there's about 20 years between the books and he was asked so many time about what happened to the lives in The Gold Coast. So he tells us.

They're truely great books and I hope someday my husband will read them. He says they're too heavy to hold. The Gold Coast has over 700 pages and The Gate House has over 500.

• 3 weeks later...

I read the Lion's Gate while I was on holiday and really loved it, I just couldn't put it down. I will have to keep an eye out for some of his other books, have had a quick look on amazon and the ones that stand out for me are Plum Island and Cathedral.