lopeanha 2009

lopeanha

If I read books in german I put the english title in parentheses, so you guys know which book it is (if there is an english title).

January

1. Barbara Delinsky - Vertrau nur meiner Liebe (Family Tree) 1/5

2. Jack Kerley - The broken souls 1/5

3. Carole Matthews - The chocolate lover's diet 3/5

February

4. Christopher Paolini - Brisingr 2/5

5. Marian Keyes - Last Chance Saloon 2/5

March

6. Dan Brown - Digital Fortress 3/5

7. Linda Fairstein - The bone vault 2/5

8. Val McDermid - Dead Beat 3/5

9. Val McDermid - Kick Back 3/5

10. Val McDermid - Crack Down 3/5

11. Markus Zusak - The Book Thief 3/5

12. Val McDermid - Clean Break 3/5

13. Val McDermid - Blue Genes 2/5

April

14. Val McDermid - Star Struck 2/5

May

15. Stephenie Meyer - Biss zum Ende der Nacht (Breaking Dawn) 5/5

16. Nora Roberts - Liebesm

Edited by lopeanha

• 1 month later...

Tate Hallaway - Tall, Dark and Dead

51BW4GV3QKL._SL160_AA115_.jpg

Synopsis from Waterstone's

'The line between magic and sanity is very thin. That's part of why I, Garnet Lacey, quit cold turkey. Never touch the stuff. No Exceptions.' Trouble is magic is so addictive, especially when you've got inner goddesses like Lilith to contend with. And it doesn't stop there for Garnet; if you are going to run an occult bookstore then you've got to expect customers like Sebastian Von Traum, with his piercing brown eyes, sexy accent, killer body and total lack of an aura; which means he's dead! Trouble can be so hard to resist, and what with Vatican witch hunters, long lost vampire exes and a boyfriend with an ex-wife who is literally stirring in her grave, Garnet Lacey has trouble enough for anyone.

Tate Hallaway - Dead Sexy

51gMelT2-oL._SL160_AA115_.jpg

Between love spells gone wrong and sharing her body with Lilith, pleading innocence might not be so easy for Garnet Lacey. She should've known she'd never get away with murder. Especially when the people she unleashed her inner goddess, Lilith, on were Vatican witch hunters. And anyway, it's not like Garnet doesn't have other things to worry about, like not letting her vampire boyfriend know that her vampire ex is stowing his coffin in her basement. So, what with all of that, plus the zombie students popping up everywhere and the seriously gorgeous FBI agent on her trail, Garnet's got plenty on her mind. There's no rest for the wicked...

Tate Hallaway - Romancing the Dead

51NicV5f1UL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU03_AA115_.jpg

Having dealt with the skeletons in her closet -- the Vatican witch hunters who wanted her dead and the FBI agents who wanted her to spend life in prison -- Garnet Lacey is feeling pretty darn good about her life. But things are about to go wrong. Very wrong. Just as Garnet is finally starting to feel settled in Madison and daydreaming about what 'forever' might mean to Sebastian Von Traum, her daylight-tolerant vampire lover, he suddenly goes missing. As if that isn't enough, Matyas, Sebastian's half-vampire son who is cursed to be a perpetual teenager, shows up looking for his dad. At the same time, Garnet begins to sponsor the incredibly gorgeous Micah as a new member of her coven. Garnet is determined to keep things professional while she searches for her missing boyfriend but Lilith, her inner goddess, has other ideas...

Tate Hallaway - Dead if I do

511ZsFUlbLL._SL160_AA115_.jpg

Synopsis from amazon

Witch Garnet Lacey is ready to walk down the aisle with the super sexy vampire Sebastian. Besides the fact that he has no pulse, things couldn

Edited by lopeanha
more details

Yes, they are chick lit.

Probably like Mary Janice Davidson (but I read only the first of hers, so I can't really say).

Garnet Lacey is quite entertaining and I enjoyed all four books.They are easy, quick reads. All of them a bit less than 300 pages.

Edited by lopeanha

• 4 weeks later...
You have the Sookie books to looks forward to as well :lol:

That's true! Book 1 & 2 arrived today and I will read them on the train to and from my job interview on tuesday/wednesday.

I have this feeling these books are great to read on a train.

That's true! Book 1 & 2 arrived today and I will read them on the train to and from my job interview on tuesday/wednesday.

I have this feeling these books are great to read on a train.

They are and Kimmy is right, watch our for your stop :lol: I almost missed mines a few times :lol:

Good luck for your interview:D

July was a good month, quantity wise, in reading books. 12!

For this month, my hopes lie in the quality not the quantity. I will see how that'll turn out. I really need some good books...

Yesterday I finally started The Camel Bookmobile by Masha Hamilton, bookring by Chimera.

Good luck for your interview:D

Thank you Gyre! :motz:

• 2 weeks later...

Stephen King - Sie (Misery)

41ABfuirsuL._SL160_AA115_.jpg514Z0NJK9EL._SL160_AA115_.jpg

After a car crash, writer Paul Sheldon is saved by his number one fan, Annie Wilkes. She brings him home, splints his mangled legs, and all he has to do in return is write a very special book, one all about her favourite character. Because if he doesn't, if he is bad, she will be cross - very cross.

My thoughts

The book had me completely hooked and I couldn't put it down.

I just had to know what would happen next, how far would Annie go, how long could Paul last ...

Last night I had to stop myself from reading at 2 in the morning (I have to sleep at some point), which is quite a rare occasion.

I was completely surprised by this book, because I didn't like the other King books that I've read.

Rating: 5/5

Edited by lopeanha

I was completely surprised by this book, because I didn't like the other King books that I've read.
Glad you enjoyed this, it's my second all-time King favourite! If you liked this you'll probably like my first favourite ("The Dark Half") as well, as it too is about a persecuted writer (I find that these more-than-slightly-authobiographical characters are King's finest).

Roderick Gordon & Brian Williams - Tunnel (Tunnels)

9781905294428.jpg Tunnel_buchcover_1.jpg

Fourteen-year-old Will Burrows lives with his family in London. He has little in common with them except for a passion for digging which he shares with his father. When his father suddenly disappears down an unknown tunnel, Will decides to investigate with his friend Chester. Soon they find themselves deep underground, where they unearth a dark and terrifying secret - a secret which may cost them their lives.

My thoughts

The story sounded very interesting but I couldn't really get my head around the writing style or better the way the authors describe everything (eg the scenerie). I would have liked more detailed describtions of the underground world.

And

the light of darknes

was completely unnecessary. Also the

Styx

(they're called like that in the german edition) were just to weird, they could have been more interesting.

Rating: 3/5

Edited by lopeanha

Glad you enjoyed this, it's my second all-time King favourite! If you liked this you'll probably like my first favourite ("The Dark Half") as well, as it too is about a persecuted writer (I find that these more-than-slightly-authobiographical characters are King's finest).

I will put that book on my to be read list. Thanks :)