Gilmore Girls

frankie

I want so badly to know the four words that Amy had in mind for the characters at the end, but now she's said she'll never reveal the words because she's afraid it's been too hyped up! I don't care if it's not some super-intelligent or witty thing...I just want to know!

YES! I am the same way. I don't care if I'm let down or if it isn't the most amazing writing ever, I just don't want this curiosity anymore. It's killing me  :angry:

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of the stars of Gilmore Girls will be reuniting in early June! Hopefully the discussion panel will be put up on YouTube so we can all watch it. :)

I wonder if they'll all discuss the possibility of a GG movie when they get together? The question will surely be asked by someone!

• 2 weeks later...

What does this reuniting mean exactly? Are they gonna meet up somewhere, to have a sort of GG convention, and talk about the series with fans and stuff? 

Edit: It might seem like a stupid question because Kylie provided us with the link and I could've just gone there and read what it was about, but with my comment I wanted to imply that as I don't know what it is, I haven't replied earlier to this, even though I'm a big fan of the show. 

I guess these reunion panels or TV show panels are more common than I'd thought. I don't know how I feel about them. It's odd to see the characters talk 'out of character'. :D They are Lorelai, Rory and Luke, not Lauren, Alexis and Scott, to me at least. 

Edited by frankie

• 2 weeks later...

I completely missed your post until now, Frankie! I don't know much more about the reunion than what is in the link, but your summary sounds correct to me. :) I don't mind watching them talk out of character. I absolutely love hearing anything to do with 'behind the scenes' stuff, and I love watching them interact with each other out of character. It's so different, of course, but still fun to watch!

I guess it might be more fun in reality, if I actually watched it. It's just that the idea of it worries me, if you know what I mean. Remember how I didn't even really want to see the deleted scenes that you tried to show me? That's the kind of regimented person I am :blush: I wouldn't mind listening to Liza Weil talk out of character, though :blush::giggle2:  Edit: Or Scott Patterson :giggle2: 

Edited by frankie

Yes, I remember. :D I always thought you were a little bit crazy for not wanting to watch them.  :giggle2: Maybe one day I'll convince you to watch the Liza Weil interview (I can't remember which DVD season it's on at the moment...)

Yes, I remember. :D I always thought you were a little bit crazy for not wanting to watch them.  :giggle2: Maybe one day I'll convince you to watch the Liza Weil interview (I can't remember which DVD season it's on at the moment...)

:lol: I don't know what to compare it to, the feeling of my dear old Stars Hollow friends doing these things that they've never told me about before! :thud: It's like they've been keeping these secrets from me! It wasn't a nice feeling :no::lol: 

Yes, knowing that cast members are enthusiastic makes it so much better! If they were all reluctant to do it, it just wouldn't be the same.

I don't imagine they would do a series, but there were always rumours of a movie. I would be beyond thrilled with that. To be honest, I didn't mind the way the show ended. I know a lot of people hated it because it was rather rushed, but I felt they did a good job of wrapping things up. I love the scene in the last episode (this isn't a spoiler) where they show all of the characters at the party.

Having said all that...if they want to give us more GG, I would never complain!

I'm game for whatever new stuff they make ONLY if [major spoiler, do not read if you have not seen the series]

Lorelai and Luke are together <3

Edit: And yes, I will share, I mean, we will share Patterson :yes::cool:

Edited by frankie

What does this reuniting mean exactly? Are they gonna meet up somewhere, to have a sort of GG convention, and talk about the series with fans and stuff? 

Edit: It might seem like a stupid question because Kylie provided us with the link and I could've just gone there and read what it was about, but with my comment I wanted to imply that as I don't know what it is, I haven't replied earlier to this, even though I'm a big fan of the show. 

I guess these reunion panels or TV show panels are more common than I'd thought. I don't know how I feel about them. It's odd to see the characters talk 'out of character'. :D They are Lorelai, Rory and Luke, not Lauren, Alexis and Scott, to me at least. 

Interesting that you don't like to see the actors out of character. I love to see them out of character, because I think the whole writing and production part of TV shows is super cool. I have watched all the commentaries on The Office DVDs. They give so many insights and I feel like I could be friends with all the actors. :D

Don't even think it.  It can't happen.  Not in Gilmore Girls world, surely.  :wibbly: 

I'll have to get it out of my head. I don't know why it was there in the first place!! :unsure: 

Interesting that you don't like to see the actors out of character. I love to see them out of character, because I think the whole writing and production part of TV shows is super cool. I have watched all the commentaries on The Office DVDs. They give so many insights and I feel like I could be friends with all the actors. :D

I think it just spoils the magic for me :blush: I don't mind seeing Steve Carell out of character though, but that's an exception to the rule. I'd watch him do whatever and just laugh :D 

I'll have to get it out of my head. I don't know why it was there in the first place!! :unsure:

I think it just spoils the magic for me :blush: I don't mind seeing Steve Carell out of character though, but that's an exception to the rule. I'd watch him do whatever and just laugh :D

Well we all have different preferences. I enjoy the magic, because the writing, producing, and making of TV shows really intrigues me. If it wasn't such a difficult business to make it in, I would go into it. 

As you know, I tagged you on Facebook in a photo that Keiko took with her band members on the way to the GG reunion in Texas. Afterwards I thought perhaps you also don't care to see things like that? Please let me know if that's case, and I'll stop doing it!

So apparently the 'reunion panel' has taken place in Texas. It looks like most of the cast turned up, except Melissa McCarthy (she's probably busy jetsetting around the world doing interviews for her movies—I saw an interview done with her in Australia the other day, and a few days later I saw her on a UK show!) Even Jess turned up! (Excuse me for switching between real names and character names.  :blush2:) I wasn't sure he would because Rory is his ex and all (that is, in real life they are exes!) I was also surprised that Logan and Jared turned up! I guess because they're bigger stars now. Especially Jared (in Supernatural). I think it shows how much the show means to them that they all turned up. :D

Sadly, it appears as though no movie or reunion show is in the works 'yet', but Amy Sherman-Palladino promised that if it's ever done, she'll make sure it's done properly.

The interview panel apparently lasted for 90 minutes. I guess a video will go up on YouTube at some stage. I can't wait to watch it! I would have given absolutely anything to be there. Imagine seeing them all in real life?! Apparently Hep Alien also reunited and did a set together!

Here are a few articles about it, and I'll probably post more.

This one talks a lot about Lorelai and Rory, and Rory's love interests. Interestingly, Dean actually preferred Jess for Rory: 'I was Team Jess — he was sexy and cool'. Can you imagine DEAN actually saying that about JESS? Hahaha! :D Logan was also 'Team Jess', but Jess thought Rory should have been with Dean.

This article talks about where the actors all imagined that their characters would be today. And be sure to check out the gallery of photos at the bottom of the article!

And here's 11 things we learned.

Lastly, check out this photo of Rory's men! :wub: She was such a lucky gal. Obviously beards are in fashion right now. :D And Logan doesn't look as though he's aged a day!

post-3835-0-69544600-1433684552_thumb.jpg

I think it was very hot in Texas that day. :) I felt a bit sorry for them. At least the women could wear short-sleeved dresses or something! It looks like Dean's shirt is a bit see-through (from sweat?) but that might be wishful thinking.  :giggle:

Ah I see. Now that you mention that, Dean's might be a little see-through. Jess definitely had the right idea with a tshirt. I can only imagine how hot they were in pants though. YUCK!

• 2 weeks later...

I've just noticed that iTunes finally has the first three seasons available in HD! Yay! :exc:  :exc:  :exc:

Coincidentally, yesterday I received a $100 voucher for filling in surveys online (I've been doing it for years). One of the vouchers available is for iTunes, so now I can basically buy the seasons for free! I downloaded the first ep already and just compared the quality to my DVD version, and it's soooo much better! The colours are brighter and crisper, and it's in widescreen, so I can see more stuff than I previously could. I even paused it to check out a sign as Lorelai walks through the town in the opening scene, and I could easily read it in the HD version, but couldn't make it out at all in my old version! I'm so stoked. :D