Eurovision Song Contest 2009!

Kell

Ah yes, Wolves of the Sea - it was fun, but it was never going to go anywhere (I think it was just last year, actually!).

I'm really glad that Greece went through along with Norway - both good solid songs with good performances. I still fancy Greece to win the whole thing - they're second favourites after Norway, but they have a better song and their contestant has entered before and came third.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what the odds are for our song? I haven't been watching any of the Semi Finals, did we have to go through that or did we automatically qualify for the Final?

According to Yahoo, the odds on UK are 14/1.

I've just placed bets on Greece to win and both Turkey and Armenia each way. ;)

I love Eurovision!!! I have been looking at some of the other entries and wow I think its going to be a magic show, with the odd euro silly song thrown in. Now will the uk stand a chance, well as they say about the lottery you have to be in it to win it. I feel this year we have a great song and even if she does not do well (which I doubt), I dont think we have seen the last of her! New voting this year, we shall have to see how it goes, same with Graham Norton...............I will so miss Wogans comments .............do you think he will be watching? I am not going to choose a winner but they should have a prize for the sets and costumes too! Now bring it on Europe, I have my peanuts and a bottle of wine ready!

What's the feeling about Chiara?

She's got a lovely voice and the song is decent, but it's not my bag, I'm afraid. It doesn't really stand out from the others for me. :censored:

Frankly unless our country ends in an "ia" or we have Balkan or Baltic neighbours, we ain't gotta chance:lol:

But it does.....Grande Brittania:lol:

So, who will be watching the final tonight on BBC1 at 8pm?

Dale and I will both be watching after Xander has gone to bed (thank goodniess his bedtime is 7pm and he will have settled and be sleeping before it starts, so we can enjoy it in peace - LOL!).

Looking forward to seeing how Mr Norton does. I'm not a fan of his, but when he appeared briefly on the 2nd semi final, he seemed to be on good form. It's going to be strange not having Tel doing the commentary, but things change...

She's got a lovely voice and the song is decent, but it's not my bag, I'm afraid. It doesn't really stand out from the others for me. :censored:

:blush:Actually, I haven't listened to it yet, but most people here seem to like it.

For those who haven't seen the songs and want a sneak peak ahead of time, you can watch the videos on YouTube HERE. However, I do b elieve that "On-the-night" viewing is always more fun. :motz:

I am SOOOO looking forward to tonight, even though I'm not a huge fan of any of the songs in particular this year (usually there are at least half a dozen I really like a fair bit and one or two that I really love). It's something I look forward to all year! :censored:

Edited by Kell

I have just been boring my husband with details of the new rules, voting and cost of calls etc. He did listen to all my waffle then said its ok you will be watching it upstairs anyway!!! Early night for me, me thinks........hehe

What are the rules then:blush:

You can fins the rules HERE at Wiki. :censored: Amd info on the voting HERE, also at Wiki.

Edited by Kell

Well I had planned to watch but I've discovered Orlando Bloom is on another channel in "Kingdom of Heaven" - oh what to do, what to do:lol:

I only used to watch it because Terry Wogan used to make me laugh.

Aye, me too, it will not be the same without him. I will still be watching though

Well the Israel wifies are all off key....nil point

Hope you are singing along with the subtitles via the red button.

At least he was a bit of eye candy....lol. I'm watching it with two teenagers so you can imagine their comments....so far nothing I would put down a a winner and please don't let Andy Webber get up and sing like the first guy on the piano...:censored:

Iceland so far has my vote....apart from her dress, like Graham Norton said....bit of a bridesmaid frock!!

Greece ~ it's Chicco time!!

Edited by Inver

NOR PAR NOR PAR......:censored:

We want the heavy metal rock band that looked like Orcs back.

Russia not up to much either

Edited by Inver