Wolverine Question (warning: spoilers)

BookJumper

Went to see this with the OH as a reward for my newfound essay freedom, we both had mixed feelings about it and found lots of inconsistencies between it and the other three "X Men" films but all in all, we understood what was meant to be going on...

Except in the first scene, before the credits, when young Jimmy/Logan/Wolvie is sick, taken care of by his father and loathed by young Victor/Sabretooth. Then Victor's father starts shouting downstairs, the other man goes to try and calm him down, we hear a gunshot, Wolvie runs down, sees his father dead, claws Victor's father to the wall and is told, while he dies, that he was really Wolvie's father as well.

Now, the reason this doesn't make sense is that, when apologising for killing the man that Wolvie thought was his father, Victor's father said "I needed to know", which I took to mean "I needed to know if he was a mutant who would regenerate" or similar. But if he was the father of two mutants (Victor and Wolvie), why would he shoot another mutant; and also what was Wolvie doing living with this other man and his wife, and not Victor?

Me confuzzled. Please help.

Ok, I hope this makes sense (if not, apologies) :readingtwo:

When Victor's father said 'I needed to know', I think he meant that he needed James/Wolverine to know that he was his real father and apologised for the fact that he had just killed the man that James/Wolverine thought was his father because lets face it neither of them must have seen it coming, the real father or the fake father.

The reason that James/Wolverine is living with them is because Victor/Sabrebooth's Dad worked on James/Wolverine's estate and he had an affair with James/Wolverine's Mum who is married to the fake Dad and given the era, they did not want anyone to know that one of them had an affair (the Mum), so rather than face gossip, he raised Victor/James as his own until Victor/Sabretooth/James/Wolverine Dad turned up drunk at the house, got killed by James (with mutant power awakening) and the rest as they say is history.

Edited by Weave

This is how I understand it to be, also.

And, it is all true, isn't it??? :readingtwo:

Very much so Mac :D