Natty's 'to read' list

Natty

So I keep getting ebooks and plonking them on my ereader but basically, this is the list of books I'm attempting to get read :)

I started on The Life of Pi last night but so far, not overally impressed. Ho hum.

Drew Karpyshyn - Mass Effect Novels. Geeky but I loved the games.

All of the Harry Potter novels in sequence.

Audrey Niffenegger - The Time Traveller's Wife

Sergei Lukyanenko - The Twilight Watch and The Last Watch

Yann Martel - The Life of Pi

Jose Saramago - Blindness

Jose Saramago - Seeing (if I can get hold of an ebook version)

Terry Brooks - The Word and the Void set.

Trudi Canavan - Black Magician Trilogy

Stephanie Meyer - The Host

And as recommended to me on here Tad Williams Otherland series.

xx

I've read the Harry Potter books before, in fact I started reading them when I was still in school. However, with the new movie and what not I'm a little concerned that I've forgotten most of it - especially as the saga was drawing to it's climax. I admit I was one of those 'can't-turn'-the-pages-fast-enough' types :) x

I've also read all of the Harry Potter books but want to try and familiarise myself with the storyline and characters again before the new film comes out as I can't seem to remember Prof. Slughorn?!

I've also got 'The Time Travellers Wife' to read - people can't praise it enough on here so I'm expecting good things!

:)

Terry Brooks - The Word and the Void set.

Trudi Canavan - Black Magician Trilogy

Ooo those Jose Saramago's are on my amazon wishlist :)

I haven't read the Black Magician trilogy but have read the Age of the Five trilogy which I highly recommend!

Just started the Shannara books by Terry Brooks and the Word and void set looks interesting too, you shall have to share your thoughts on them, I would be very interested.

I love Saramago's work. I read Blindness a couple of years ago, and though it's a tough read, both in style and theme, it was a very rewarding and thought provoking read. I've read a couple of others, my favourite being The Stone Raft, which I would definitely recommend. Hope you enjoy (if that's the right word!) Blindness.

I've also read all of the Harry Potter books but want to try and familiarise myself with the storyline and characters again before the new film comes out as I can't seem to remember Prof. Slughorn?!

:)

When I read that I just thought... eesh who? Maybe it's time to pull my finger out and get reading them haha!

Chesilbeach, have you read Seeing? I watched the movie Blindness and thought it was pretty epic. However, I thought the ending was open to interpretation somewhat so figured the books might give me clearer insight. However, whatever I read about them on the internet is always positive. Apparently Seeing is about a vote in the same unnamed town/city where everyone submits blank pieces of paper. I figured it'd be interesting and well, deep.

x

When I read that I just thought... eesh who? Maybe it's time to pull my finger out and get reading them haha!

Chesilbeach, have you read Seeing? I watched the movie Blindness and thought it was pretty epic. However, I thought the ending was open to interpretation somewhat so figured the books might give me clearer insight. However, whatever I read about them on the internet is always positive. Apparently Seeing is about a vote in the same unnamed town/city where everyone submits blank pieces of paper. I figured it'd be interesting and well, deep.

x

I know! I don't even know what book he's in??!!

x

The Time Travelers Wife is my all time favourite book and I am sure that you will really enjoy it.:)

I loved this book too! The way in which it's wriiten takes a couple of chapters to get used to but it's an amazing book!