The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

Nollaig

I don't think so, I liked the ending. :lol:

Though I did love it when

Jake kept telling Rosalie blonde jokes. That was great!

I know they couldn't have

done that middle section of the book from Bella's view, but I HATE it when authors change POV like that. It just didn't feel 'feng shui' with the rest of the book.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I absolutely hate

what Meyer did to Jake, how Bella was magically perfect and how ancient ruthless vampires were open to peaceful discussions.

Talk about a forced ending. I just re-read New Moon, Eclipse, and 400 pages of Breaking Dawn. Loved all of that. Then had to stop because I can't stand the end.

I skim through the last part of Breaking Dawn too. It so much of an anti-climax. She really had the chance to do something big and war like and it just didn't happen :D SO I read Twilight, skim read New Moon, read Eclipse and skim read Breaking Dawn. Although I hope that when I see New Moon I might like Jacob a lot more like Noll did :D

Um.

Edward sparkles. Like, glitters. And thinks this is scary. 'This is the skin of a killer, Bella', quoth I he. He sat in Bella's room for like two months watching her sleep before she found out. He has had 109 years to come to terms with being a vampire, and he still hasn't. Vampires are materialistic, and buy houses and cars like they're going out of style.

Jacob is a 16 year old kid who does not sparkle, and deals with being a werewolf in less than a month, during which time he still uses his ability to protect Bella,without her ever knowing. As a werewolf, he is potentially very scary. He's a mechanic - he builds things himself with his own hands. Where Edward gets priceless diamonds on Bella's wrist, Jacob gets a hand-carved miniature wolf.

Both Jacob AND Edward admit that in a world without vampires, Jacob is clearly the obvious choice for Bella.

In short, Jacob is more down to earth, grounded, mature kid and at only 16, he's 93 years younger than Edward, and since he's clearly more mature, he's clearly streets ahead.

You can have your ice cold marble statue. I'm pretty sure Jacob can provide all of your conditions, minus the sparkles which I don't want, PLUS SOME SERIOUS BODY HEAT :irked: If he can lift motorbikes, he can break a bed :D

:D So true and I agree :D I would hate to have a freezing cold boyfriend, I hate being cold and I bet snuggling with Jake would be heaven! <3

I've always wondered if kissing an ice cold vampire would put you at risk of an "ice-cream" headache, those shooting pains you get when you eat something really cold? I've never heard of a hot chocolate headache!

On a separate (and slightly more on topic) note, I can totally understand why the film Jacob rounds out the character, because Taylor does have an excellent screen presence. However. I don't know if it's just me, but Edward is funnier in the books than the film, and although it's not officially part of the whole Twilight Saga, I loved Edward even more after Midnight Sun which made him a more rounded person for me (as well as making Bella a more three dimensional character).

I agree completely Chesilbeach - I liked Edward more in the books and Rob Patz as him has turned me off him totally - conversely Taylor has made me love Jacob.

I also agree that Midnight Sun did wonders for Bella and Edward, but I still dislike them both.

• 5 weeks later...

Love these books, read them all twice; something I never do. Although I wasnt a big fan of the ending in Breaking Dawn - maybe I just didnt want it to end but I think she

ended it too quickly after the fight

Also what is Midnight Sun all about? Of course I know and I do understand she is upset but come on Steph get over it and move on, make some money :D Its annoying me. :smile2: Just finish the book will you?

PLEASE!

Edited by Nollaig
Added capitals & punctuation, covered spoiler and removed foul language. Please see guidelines.