Sisters of the Quilt (Trilogy) by Cindy Woodsmall

Inver

When the Heart Cries, When the Morning Comes and When the Soul Mends by Cindy Woodsmall

Read about the books here

Wonderful, gentle, page turning trilogy of Hannah and Paul and their lives within and outwith their Amish Community. An incident happens to Hannah while walking home one evening that changes her life and future with Paul. She is banished from her safe, homely community and leaves to go in search of an Aunt. She finds her and makes her life in a strange world she doesn't know, learning about a new way of life. Finding her vocation as a nurse this turns out to be in her favour in the third book as she is called back home to help her troubled sister Sarah. And so the mending of misunderstandings and secrets that have been kept from Hannah and Paul come to light. You so want it all to turn out for the best. But I won't tell you how it ends....you will have to read them to find out.

I warn you now though, if you start the first book you must read the other two :lol:

9/10 Highly recommended

(I read all these books via bookrings on Bookcrossing, check my bookcrossing link for more reviews of them)

Edited by Kell
Added author name to title for ease of searching ;)

They are on Amazon and Book Depository, but are a little bit more expensive than our normal paperbacks, but maybe because they are imported...not sure. Shop around though, they are worth a read. I found the Amish way of life fascinating.

Yes,I'm very intgersted in the Amish lifestyle also,so I'm intruiged by these books.

Leah, if you're interested in the Amish, you might like Jodi Picoult's Plain Truth. It's about an Amish community and an attorney from the 'outside' who defends a young Amish woman accused of killing her newborn child.

Leah, if you're interested in the Amish, you might like Jodi Picoult's Plain Truth. It's about an Amish community and an attorney from the 'outside' who defends a young Amish woman accused of killing her newborn child.

I already did that Maggie...lol. She hasn't read that one, but has put it on her list.

Glad to have been able to recommend some books that people would like to read. :)