Emmerdale

Weave

Hello Everyone

How are you ALL doing?

I must admit I rarely missed watching Emmerdale but recently I have been going off a bit because of the new family ~ The Wyldes and their unscary son~Nathan!, annoying daughter Maisie, and random wee son, Will.

Your thoughts?

:welcomebcf:

Edited by Weave

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Emmerdale, I always watch it!

I don't really mind the Wyldes, except for Nathan. I can't stand the slimeball. :welcomebcf: I think the little boy Will is cute, and funny when he's with Belle Dingle, but he hasn't been in it for ages.

Speaking of Belle, I love her character. She's so funny, and the actor who plays her is great.

I can't stand Paddy Kirk, he drives me nuts. I really don't think the guy can act either. If I had a choice, he's the one character I'd get rid of above all others.

I always disliked Matthew King, but towards the end I really got to like him and I was most upset when he was killed. ;) It should have been Carl King instead, he is a nasty piece of work. How many people has he murdered so far and got away with it? Two? Three? :D

A fair few Mia, I think he killed one of the new family (that won the parts on 'Soap Idol'), he played a postman, well Carl killed him, he killed his Dad and I am pretty sure he killed someone else (but I can't remember his name).

I started to warm to Matthew King just as he was leaving too.

And the boy that plays Nathan, is just awful :welcomebcf:

Speaking of Belle, I love her character. She's so funny, and the actor who plays her is great.

I'm not really a fan of Emmerdale but I catch the odd episode. Belle is definately my favourite character. She was funny last night with the tv "Zac Efron's on after the adverts". She's so cute bless her.

And Sam Dingle is such a sweetheart, bless him. I remember when his wife died, I cried my eyes out :welcomebcf:.

And Sam Dingle is such a sweetheart, bless him. I remember when his wife died, I cried my eyes out :D.

It was heartbreaking:welcomebcf:

I haven't watched Emmerdale for about 3 years now but I used to be a big fan. Once I joined forums I no longer had time :welcomebcf:

I thought the characters were great (with a few exceptions), I loved the Dingle family especially. And there was always humour running through the whole thing. It is the only soap opera that I've ever become addicted to. We are way behind with our episodes in NZ though.

I sometimes watch the omnibus on Saturday morning so I am in touch with the general storylines.

I have to agree that the Wyldes are not doing it for me either. They just don't seem to fit in somehow!! I wasn't even particularly concerned when Will went missing and was subsequently found hiding in the bushes. Perhaps if that story had resulted in his kidnap or something then it may have gotten us to warm towards the Wyldes a little more.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Everyone

How are you ALL doing?

I must admit I rarely missed watching Emmerdale but recently I have been going off a bit because of the new family ~ The Wyldes and their unscary son~Nathan!, annoying daughter Maisie, and random wee son, Will.

Your thoughts?

:lol:

My thoughts.............well I have to agree, I have tried honest, I have, but the 'new' family are just not growing on me. I almost thought we were going to have a story line with the woman that keeps turning up....but I'm bored with her now too. But fear not dale watchers there are some cracking stories coming along so all is not lost! BUT the big question is if the wildes were not living in the 'big' house who would you move into there and why?

BUT the big question is if the wildes were not living in the 'big' house who would you move into there and why?

Does it have to be characters that are already in Emmerdale? If so, I'd probably choose the Dingles. Imagine them doing the "Lord of the Manor" bit! :lol: Actually, they probably couldn't do any worse than anyone else who's lived there.

• 3 months later...
Yeah I like the idea of the Dingles winning the lottery lol the whole clan could move in and the pigs! Or how about Val & Eric?

Could you imagine Val and Eric lording it up, it would be hilarious :motz:

I am finding the Lexi/Carl storyline a bit wearing, it is so obivious that he does not want children and Lexie, the poor lassie is under the assumption its because they lost their first baby, wake up and smell the dales Lexi! Its quite a sad wee story line ;)

Perhaps it's more than needing a baby for Lexi, she thinks she should be the perfect wife and in being that she needs to give Carl children. Sally Oliver has really working well with this storey line. Poor Lexi has never had the 'perfect' life imagine finding out that your sister is your mother! I can see her nerves fraying with eposode. BUT my nerves are fraying with the faye/mark storeyline PLEAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE no more!!

I used to watch this religiously but went off it a couple of years ago, the story lines started getting a bit naff. Always had a soft spot for Matthew King though, bad boy lovely eyes does it for me every time :motz:

Perhaps it's more than needing a baby for Lexi, she thinks she should be the perfect wife and in being that she needs to give Carl children. Sally Oliver has really working well with this storey line. Poor Lexi has never had the 'perfect' life imagine finding out that your sister is your mother! I can see her nerves fraying with eposode. BUT my nerves are fraying with the faye/mark storeyline PLEAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE no more!!

I see what you mean, Sally Oliver is playing the part really well, I just wish that Carl would be honest with her. Oh I know, the faye/mark storyline is getting old really fast!, you know what will happen?

Maisie will take a liking to Ryan

:motz:

I used to watch this religiously but went off it a couple of years ago, the story lines started getting a bit naff. Always had a soft spot for Matthew King though, bad boy lovely eyes does it for me every time :motz:

yeah i did like the mathew smolder, but wow what a finish he had big soap land style!

Always had a soft spot for Matthew King though, bad boy lovely eyes does it for me every time ;)

I used to hate him, but suddenly found myself warming to him and started to quite fancy him. Of course, he got killed as soon as I started to like him! ;)

Regarding Lexi, I think she's so desperate to have a child that she doesn't let herself acknowledge Carl's reluctance, even though deep down she knows he doesn't want to have more kids. I can't stand Carl, I think he's a selfish, nasty piece of work. Plus a double murderer too, if I remember correctly? Grr. Why did they keep him and get rid of Matthew?! :motz:

BUT my nerves are fraying with the faye/mark storeyline PLEAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE no more!!

I'm sick of it too! At first it was interesting, and I always felt sorry for Faye as she has been very badly treated by Mark. I thought Natasha was particularly nasty when she confronted her, as if Faye was "the mistress" when actually it's Natasha herself!

But now I'm losing patience, and I thought it was wrong of Faye to take the money and then move into the village! Have some self-respect woman, you're beginning to turn into a bunny boiler. ;)

I used to hate him, but suddenly found myself warming to him and started to quite fancy him. Of course, he got killed as soon as I started to like him! ;)

Regarding Lexi, I think she's so desperate to have a child that she doesn't let herself acknowledge Carl's reluctance, even though deep down she knows he doesn't want to have more kids. I can't stand Carl, I think he's a selfish, nasty piece of work. Plus a double murderer too, if I remember correctly? Grr. Why did they keep him and get rid of Matthew?! :motz:

I'm sick of it too! At first it was interesting, and I always felt sorry for Faye as she has been very badly treated by Mark. I thought Natasha was particularly nasty when she confronted her, as if Faye was "the mistress" when actually it's Natasha herself!

But now I'm losing patience, and I thought it was wrong of Faye to take the money and then move into the village! Have some self-respect woman, you're beginning to turn into a bunny boiler. ;)

I felt sorry for Faye too but she is becoming really scary!, I get why she is acting the way she is but at the same time she got used to him being away and yeah it was pretty mean what he did to her but I think she is becoming too scary.

I agree with everything you say about Carl ;) and you are correct, he is a double murderer ~

his Dad and the postman

cor yes I forgot all about the postie on the roof!!

Now then this week should be good!!!!!!

It sure looks like it! :D

Edited by Weave

I'm glad Carl has finally come clean to Lexie! But poor Nicola, getting the blame (I never thought I'd ever feel sorry for Nicola!)

I did get one thing wrong - when Lily gave the bag of jumble to Betty I thought their mother's gold brooch was bound to be in it, creating all sorts of problems for Edna. I don't know why Edna gave it to Lily though, she'll lose it half a mile down the road. And I don't like/trust that bloke she's gone off with. :D

I could thump Carl! Yeah that bloke is a real wierdy. I thought perhaps he was at deaths dore and Alan would take him under his wing........i really feel for Edna. I think she could do with a nice gentleman friend ......any eligible gents in the dales for mature lady seeking companionship?

Yeah, that's a great idea for Edna! It would have to be someone very religious though, so that narrows it down to... Ashley! Maybe they can have a fling! :D

Yeah, that's a great idea for Edna! It would have to be someone very religious though, so that narrows it down to... Ashley! Maybe they can have a fling! :D

oh my Mia that fling ,is far flung lol............where's Bishop george at the moment......