Films Of 2009

Dimitra

A year full of promising and anticipated films. It has it all. Blockbusters like Harry Potter 6, New Moon, new films from acclaimed and beloved directors like Woody Allen, Ang Lee and Martin Scorcese, comebacks after a long time for directors like Jane Campion and James Cameron and, like every other year, it will have its indie surprizes.

Personally, I can't wait for Jane Campion's new film, "Bright Star", a romantic drama about the affair between poet John Keats and his muse Fanny Brawne. Also, I'm looking forward to the bitersweet indie comedy "500 Days of Summer", Harry Potter and the new Scorcese film

So, what about you? Is there a film that you can't wait for and is set to be released this year?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to Scorcese's Shutter Island, and also the Sherlock Holmes movie w/Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. It'll be interesting to see how Ritchie does this kind of film since he seems mainly to do British gangster type stuff (which I love too). There was a movie that the Coen bros filmed here in town which I'm hoping comes out this year, but other than that I haven't paid attention to what some of my other fave directors are doing. I need to get on that! I do know that a lot of the films I like tend to come out more in the autumn so I guess I have time.

Well, frankly, I'm looking forward to everything you guys have mentioned (particularly Star Trek (I hope this doesn't make me sound sad!)) I'm also looking forward to Sherlock Holmes, having read the books. Love 'em, I do. Wolverine'll be excellent, all being well. Here's hoping, anyway. :blush:

Looking forward to star trek film :blush:

I'm looking forward to the stargate atlantis film too but don't think that coming out till 2010 :D

My brother loves x-men and has ripped the new film on wolverine apart without even seeing it, something about him not having his claws when he was young as shown in the film....:S

Im looking forward to seeing Let the right one in & Outlander - trailers looked good!

Really looking forward to sincity 2 but have no idea when it's due, should be soon surely!

Harry Potter, also. And The Reader, which is probably old news by now, but it's only just opened over here and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

The Reader was amazing, Scarlette - I loved it! Let us know what you think after you see it.

I know that I'm going to be seriously avoiding the Land of the Lost remake this year. I grew up watching that TV show and I just don't want to see something I loved so much get changed. Why do they feel the need to do all these remakes, anyway??!

Ah yes, you're talking about "A Serious Man". It does come out this year.:D

Am I the only one who isn't looking forward to "Star Trek"? :blush:

Yes! A Serious Man, that's right. Can't wait!! I love the Coens.

I'm tempted to see the upcoming Adventureland, and also Where the Wild Things Are might be okay but I'd be afraid of it being disappointing since I love the book so, hmmm...

I did a little searching, and apparently another one of my favorite directors Wes Anderson has Fantastic Mr. Fox coming out in November so I'm hoping to see that, and Philip Seymour Hoffman is going to be in The Boat that Rocked, which looks hilarious.

I don't know if I'm looking forward to Star Trek, Dimitra, but if someone wanted to buy me a ticket I wouldn't refuse it, lol.

I'm dying to see New Moon.

I know they said they had to revise it because in the book Edward is gone for quite a length of time. It'll be interesting to see how they deal with that. Also, New Moon had a genuine climax which worked really well, rushing to save Eddy. That could be spectacular, assuming it's actually filmed well/in Italy.

I'm dying to see New Moon.

I know they said they had to revise it because in the book Edward is gone for quite a length of time. It'll be interesting to see how they deal with that. Also, New Moon had a genuine climax which worked really well, rushing to save Eddy. That could be spectacular, assuming it's actually filmed well/in Italy.

New director this time too, Roxi, so that'll be interesting. I read an article at examiner dot com about how they plan to address the issue of Edward being gone for a lot of the book. Can I post the link?

Ah yes, you're talking about "A Serious Man". It does come out this year.:hug:

Am I the only one who isn't looking forward to "Star Trek"? :friends0:

Yep.You are the only one. :D