Second Time Around by Mary Higgins Clark

9780743239332.th.jpg

Format: Paperback 304 pages

Date of publication: 02/02/2004

Publisher: Pocket Books

ISBN: 9780743467735

Synopsis

Once again told in the first person like DADDY'S LITTLE GIRL, THE SECOND TIME AROUND is Mary at her very best, with a family living in the aftermath of disgrace and the national limelight, and a corporate scandal that is straight out of today's headlines. A man who was implicated in a major corporate scandal involving billions of dollars and the bankruptcy of a great American corporation has vanished mysteriously, presumed to have killed himself. Encouraged by her psychiatrist, his widow embarks on her own investigation of the corporate catastrophe. But certain people involved, who have been living on the billions of dollars they made while blaming her husband for everything that happened, are perturbed by her meddling and are desperate to silence her. And in the process, she discovers an even more shocking surprise about her husband...

Information from Waterstones

My Thoughts

This book has been lying about in my TBR pile for a long time and once again it is an author which I have not read. The head of a medical research company is dead or is he and where is the moneylooted from the company. His step-sister-in-law is a columnist and is asked by her stepsister to prove she knows nothing about the missing money. As things begin to unravel they become sinister and dangerous. It is full of danger and suspense as Carely and her two work partners work to find out the truth. I will definately read her books again.

• 3 weeks later...