Kisscut by Karin Slaughter

9780099421788.th.jpg

Format: Paperback 480 pages

Date of publication: 10/09/2003

Publisher: Arrow Books Ltd

ISBN: 9780099421788

Synopsis

Saturday night dates at the skating rink have been a tradition in the small southern town of Heartsdale for as long as anyone can remember. But when a teenage quarrel explodes into a deadly shoot-out, Sara Linton - the town's paediatrician and medical examiner - finds herself entangled in a terrible tragedy. What seemed at first to be a horrific but individual catastrophe proves to have wider implications. The autopsy reveals evidence of long term - abuse, of ritualistic self-mutilation, but when Sara and police chief Jeffrey Tolliver start to investigate, they are frustrated at every turn. The children surrounding the victim close ranks. The families turn their backs. Then a young girl is abducted, and it becomes clear that the first death is linked to an even more brutal crime, one far more shocking than anyone could have imagined. And unless Sara and Jeffrey can uncover the deadly secrets the children hide, it's going to happen again...

Information from Waterstones

My Thoughts

WoW this was my first Karin Slaughter book and I can't wait to read more but I must find out which order to read them in. Once you pick this book up you won't be able to put it back down again but beware it is filled with gore, horror, and can scare you at times. There are all sorts of thing going on in this small town and no one wants to know except Jeffery and Sara and other police people. Everyone is shocked by what they fine and the towspeople will never be the same again.

• 4 weeks later...

I have read this and thought it was really good. It was the first of her books that I had read so I've since read more of them and they are all equally as good.

I think 'Triptych' is the one that stands out most for me. Lots of twists and turns and a bit of sadness but overall probably the best of her books.

:roll:

I have read most of this series and thought it was great! The order goes 'Blindsighted', 'Kisscut', 'A Faint Cold Fear', 'Indelible', 'Faithless' and 'Skin Privilage'. I've read all of these except 'Skin Privilage' which is on my shelf TBR along with 'Triptych'. I'm sure I will be getting a copy of 'Fractured' next too! :)

I'm another fan!:)

Genesis is the next instalment in the Grant County series and apparently (don't shoot me if this is wrong!) KS will be merging the Grant County series with Will Trent.

I'm reading Fractured at the moment - I'm about 2/3 of the way through and I'm really enjoying it!