Kfc

Bronwen

Eeww no - I can't stand KFC. Or McD's or BK, actually. I've never been into fast food. But especially KFC - I've seen how most processed chicken things are made

basically from chicken slurry - yuck!:irked:

and the thought of putting anything like that in my mouth makes me feel sick to my stomach!

Eeww no - I can't stand KFC. Or McD's or BK, actually. I've never been into fast food. But especially KFC - I've seen how most processed chicken things are made

basically from chicken slurry - yuck!:irked:

and the thought of putting anything like that in my mouth makes me feel sick to my stomach!

I thought KFC used standard cuts - chicken breast and thighs etc.

I thought KFC used standard cuts - chicken breast and thighs etc.

I think KFC do, but the others don't. Sorry, the way I worded my previous post wasn't very good. I meant to add that I don't actually like the taste of the KFC stuff and that most processed chicken products (not KFC) were the others I was talking about. :irked:

There was, however, a question some time back about the ethics of how the chickens for KFC were kept (i.e. battery), but I think they were forced to clean up their act. There used to be people stationed outside our one in Aberdeen handing out fliers of chickens in horrid conditions.

Edited by Kell

I think KFC do, but the others don't.

There was also a question some time back about the ethics of how the chickens for KFC were kept (i.e. battery), but I think they were forced to clean up their act.

Oh I'm sure, mass produced cheap chicken is never going to get a great life really :irked: We always try and buy free range when we cook at home, but I doubt KFC chicken is anywhere near that.

I used to be a BK girl but the last XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger (my thereto staple) felt like eating a heart attack in a bun so that's the end of a love-affair, methinks. I'm not a bif fan of McDonald's burgers although I'm a sucker for their Christmas cheesy bites. As for KFC, I was never a big fan (I find boney chicken annoyingly fiddly, and the evil KFC people don't use as nice a mix of spices on the boneless pieces - forcing me to be brave probably) but I've been made into one by the other half, now I'm a sucker for whatever it is they put on the chicken skin... yumyum.

I don't know if this is everywhere, as I've only eaten KFC once in like the past 5 years and it happened to be here in India, but there's a warning on their boxes here that says that their products should not be consumed by children younger than 5 years of age! :irked: What is IN their products here that is so dangerous to young children that they are actually required to put a warning on their packages?!

I don't know if this is everywhere, as I've only eaten KFC once in like the past 5 years and it happened to be here in India, but there's a warning on their boxes here that says that their products should not be consumed by children younger than 5 years of age! :blush: What is IN their products here that is so dangerous to young children that they are actually required to put a warning on their packages?!

I think it is to do with the chicken bones. Some of the pieces have little bones in them and could well cause kids to choke on them.

I think it is to do with the chicken bones. Some of the pieces have little bones in them and could well cause kids to choke on them.

We discussed this idea as it seems likely.. but it's on EVERY package of food they sell there, except for their drinks. It's on the french fries.. it's on the side items.. it's on everything except for the beverages??? It's very confusing..

So fun! It could be a game! :D

If I started a poll, my guess would be that not one single employee, including all managers on-site, would have any idea why in the world that is on the package and/or what is in the food they're serving. :blush: