J R Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood

Kreader

I'm reading these books now. They're about a band of warrior vampires who are supposed to be protectors of their race. They fight against Lessers who wish to destroy the vampires. Yes the good versus evil aproach with yin and yan balances. Humans are just in the background and are not usually the vampires means of substinance. There's a sort of street lingo used and lots of male bonding plus some romance/erotica involved. There is an old fashioned rigid social structure surrounding the vampire culture despite the modern lingo. The males are domineering and want to be as macho as possible.

See http://www.jrward.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a synopsis of the first book, Dark Lover

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dark-Lover-Black-Dagger-Brotherhood/dp/0749938188/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239120354&sr=8-1

In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Yet none of them relishes killing more than Wrath, the blind leader of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. The only purebred vampire left on earth, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But, when one of his most trusted fighters is killed - leaving his half-breed daughter unaware of his existence or her fate - Wrath must usher her into the world of the undead - a world beyond her wildest dreams

orange-arrow._V42752349_.gif

I have this first one on my TBR list. I'm not sure if it'll be my kind of thing but I'm willing to give it a try. :smile2:

Yeah, this is my situation. THe first one is on my TBR pile, but I'm not sure if I am going to like it. Might as well give it a go though.

• 7 months later...

I've read this series.

I enjoyed each book & always look forward to the next book release in this series.

The Black Dagger Brotherhood (J. R Ward) books are quite popular her in the US.

Another author Gena Showalter has a similar series, but instead of vampires they are men possessed by demons. This series is Lords of the Underworld (which I don't think is as good as the Black Dagger Brotherhood).

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone 3.gif thanks to my friend Claire and Charm I started reading them, I am on book 3, as Charm says, they are very corny and cheesy but loads of fun, just plain old escapism :) and definitely not for the young yins.2.gif

Edited by Weave

I have been a fan for ages and discovered them quite a while ago, have you tried the spin off Covet and I think the new one should be out soon Crave...not as good but still pure escapism. Waiting for the a Black dagger though..so funny so cheesy and so hot!!

I have been a fan for ages and discovered them quite a while ago, have you tried the spin off Covet and I think the new one should be out soon Crave...not as good but still pure escapism. Waiting for the a Black dagger though..so funny so cheesy and so hot!!

I haven't read Covet but I am going to, thanks pickle :)

Love love love these books! As said previously, real escapism books.

After only getting round to read the first three I'd say that Zsadists' story (Lover Awakened) has been my favourite so far. Will hopefully have enough time to read the rest some time in the near future!

Hi Everyone 3.gif I finished book 6 (Lover Enshrined) the other day and its a definite favourite of mines next to book 2 (Lover Eternal), as I said before (sorry), the books are total escapism but they are well written and I like J.R. Ward's style :) Book 7 & 8 arrived today, whoo hoo! :lol:

Edited by Weave

At the rate you're reading, those doorstops (they're rather big books) should last you until tomorrow night! :giggle2:

Glad you're enjoying them, happy reading! :friends3:

Thanks hen :)