The Mentalist

Heather

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon Baker, YUM-O! Is it just starting up new in the UK, Lass? It's been on since the autumn here in the States and is doing very well, so I'm glad since that means it'll hopefully get picked up for another season. I really like the show though, and getting to watch Simon for an hour every week is just icing on the cake :lol:.

Hubba hubba Heather. He isn't Mac or Horatio but we will give him a go and see what the programme is like. Must try to remember to tune in tonight. It clashes with ER on More4 though so will have to video it.

Simon Baker, YUM-O! Is it just starting up new in the UK, Lass? It's been on since the autumn here in the States and is doing very well, so I'm glad since that means it'll hopefully get picked up for another season. I really like the show though, and getting to watch Simon for an hour every week is just icing on the cake :blush:.

It is just starting here and Simon is soooooooo cute :lol: from the trailers I've seen it looks good.

I'll watch The Devil Wears Prada just to see Simon Baker - he's so dreamy!

It's a great character for him though in The Mentalist, and the way he portrays him just adds to his appeal. He's playful, but also sort of sad and brooding.

He was in a lawyer show with Dabney Coleman a few years back but I can't remember the name... Has anyone seen it?

He was in a lawyer show with Dabney Coleman a few years back but I can't remember the name... Has anyone seen it?

That would be The Guardian. I only caught a couple of episodes, but it seemed rather good.

Yes, The Guardian! That's it, thanks Kell. I was at the grocery store this morning and it took all my strength not to get the latest TV Guide magazine (I was already there for you-know-who on the cover of GQ) featuring Simon Baker on the cover as 'one of the sexiest stars of television.' DUH!

Watched it last night and haven't quite decided about it yet! It was quite good, but I'm not sure I like the main character enough, he's smug and quite annoying. He's probably meant to be like that, but if I can't like him I won't be able to get into the series. He's good looking though!

I really enjoyed this.

The main character did have a certain humour about him - i laughed out loud several times throughout the episode. I really felt for him though when it showed the flashback of him reading the note pinned to the door, then opening the door (purely because of what had already been said about Red Johns drawing.

Also - at the end where he went home and just laid down on the mattress under Red Johns drawing. It's obviously an all-consuming need to bring him to justice.

I'll definitely be watching this throughout the series.......

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say that I am really, really liking this programme! I have got used to the main character's personality and now I love him. It was nice to see his vulnerable side in last night's episode. I have also developed a huge crush on Simon Baker. :) Oh dear.

I would have loved to have watched The Guardian too, but Five, in their wisdom, have put it on at exactly the same time as Home and Away and Neighbours, which I have to watch (for tedious reasons I won't go into). And I can't tape digital channels! Aarrggghh!!!! :D I just hope they repeat it at a time it doesn't clash with anything.

Yep, it's an excellent show!! I'm sad that this next Monday's episode is already the season finale here in the U.S. Maybe I should get the DVDs of that show or Guardian to hold me through the summer, LOL.

Mia - I just KNEW he'd grow on you. :)

Oh, he really, really has! I think I can feel a new obsession coming on. :D:)

I saw in the TV mag that The Guardian was being repeated today from 5.10 - 7.10pm, so I managed to watch that. I don't quite know how it's being worked out though - there have been five episodes so far and they showed the pilot and one that was shown on Friday! There is also a one-hour repeat tomorrow at 7pm, but god knows which episode they will show. :) I think I might look into whether the DVDs are available.

Simon plays a very different character in this. At first he's pretty unlikeable, but he's already starting to mellow. At the moment I prefer The Mentalist though!

Hubba hubba Heather. He isn't Mac or Horatio but we will give him a go and see what the programme is like. Must try to remember to tune in tonight. It clashes with ER on More4 though so will have to video it.

Who is this 'Horatio'? Hmmm? I need to know my competition....:)

• 2 months later...

The Mentalist is a good show, I really like the main character, the way he behaves and everything. Oh and of course just look at those nice 3 piece suits... ;)

In Germany they show The Mentalist right after NCIS and imo NCIS is still better though.