The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency

SueK

Did anyone watch this last night? I must admit I have never read any of the books. Was the programme anything like the book? Not sure if I will perservere with the series though. I thought the "crimes" were a bit weak.

I saw this a few months back and quite enjoyed it. It spurred me to read the first book in the series which was better, but the filomed version was very true to the ethos and flow of the book. I'm thinking the series might be quite fun - I keep meaning to get hold of the rest of the booksin the series, which I'm sure I will do eventually. Have a read of the book - it's not a big, thick one, so it won't take you long, and it's a quick, easy read, so even if you don't think it's brilliant, you won't feel like you've wasted your time. It's a light-hearted book with lovely characters and the situations make me think this would be considered a "cosy" crime series, such as Miss Marple etc.

I saw this a few months back and quite enjoyed it. It spurred me to read the first book in the series which was better, but the filomed version was very true to the ethos and flow of the book. I'm thinking the series might be quite fun - I keep meaning to get hold of the rest of the booksin the series, which I'm sure I will do eventually. Have a read of the book - it's not a big, thick one, so it won't take you long, and it's a quick, easy read, so even if you don't think it's brilliant, you won't feel like you've wasted your time. It's a light-hearted book with lovely characters and the situations make me think this would be considered a "cosy" crime series, such as Miss Marple etc.

The books do sound like fun Kell. Maybe I'll pick up one once I have conquered the North Face of Mount TBR:blush:

• 2 weeks later...