The Chronicles of Brothers by Wendy Alec: any good?

Has anyone read Wendy Alec's "The Chronicles of Brothers" series ("The Fall of Lucifer", "Messiah")? The premise (none other than how Lucifer fell from heaven and evil was born, etc.) interests me a lot; my favourite poets include Milton and Blake and I thoroughly enjoyed Anne Rice's "Memnoch the Devil".

Problem is, reviewers can't seem to make their minds up; half say it's the best book ever, the other half say it's rubbish and I don't know what to think!

Help?

Cheers.

Giulia

I agree that the premise is interesting. I've had a quick look at reviews for the first book. On the surface, the opinions seem to be split, but for the discerning reader who loves Milton, the matter is more clear cut than the ratings suggest. The impression I've formed from reading the various informative reviews on Amazon.com/.ca/.uk can be best summed up as follows.

The book at best is worth only two stars in total: one star for the premise and another for effort. From an objective angle, I'd side with the people who gave it one star (I even suspect they would have awarded the book half a star if that were possible). I saw the words "Dan Brown" being mentioned with one reviewer saying how inappropriate the alluded comparison is. My own impression from reading other reviews is that the comparison with Dan Brown is appropriate for this book...if you like poorly researched, poorly written books. The imagery Wendy Alec invokes is lackluster and clich

Edited by Seiichi
Typos

To be honest, I have tried touching "Twilight" (with a bargepole, obviously) and couldn't get past chapter two. I was looking for some good fantasy to read instead of "Twilight" & Co. but maybe my quest is not yet at an end. The strip was amusing, by the way - and thank you for your time and opinion.