Breakfast

1. What do you normally have for breakfast?

I'm making an effort to eat breakfast at the moment as I often skip it - breakfast of choice is either Weetabix or Oat So Simple (the plain one) at the moment.

2. What is your favorite breakfast?

Indian food that we've had the night before heated up - but we don't do it very often - about twice a year! :smile2:

I had Nutella on digestive biscuits this morning :irked:

Sometimes I'll have Rice Crispies, sometimes Special K, sometimes porridge (with golden syrup mmm) and sometimes I'll have a Granola bar because those are yum.

Sometimes if there's cake or dessert or something equally inappropriate left in the fridge I'll have that for breakfast :lol:

As for my favourite... that's pretty tough, at the moment probably Nutella on digestive biscuit :friends0:

At the moment I usually have museli cause I gave up sugary cereals for Lent

Favourite is either Coco Pops (which are yummy but not at all filling) or porriage with syrup (which is not quite as yummy but nice and warm when it's cold and filling)

1. I normally have either a bowl of cold cereal and some juice (today I had Raisin Nut Bran and agave-melon juice), or a bagel with cream cheese or honey and some juice.

2. But my favorite breakfast is scrambled eggs, hash browns (the cubed kind, not the shredded kind), sourdough toast, and bacon. Plus lots of orange juice! I very rarely ever get to eat this kind of breakfast. :friends0:

I occasionally like cherrios, but whenever I start thinking about what they taste like I realise that actually they kind of taste like cardboard...or at least the original ones do

I agree! I used to love Cheerios, but the original ones just aren't as nice anymore. I go through phases with the honey nut ones, which are lovely but as I generally don't like cereal they don't get eaten much.

During the week I have oatmeal or wheat bran cereal and on the weekends I like to treat myself to scrambled eggs with a whole wheat english muffin or I have peanut butter and jelly on a whole wheat waffle. Oh, and I can't got without OJ with my breakfast.

My favorite breakfast is scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, pancakes, sausage and toast, and of course OJ.

2. But my favorite breakfast is scrambled eggs, hash browns (the cubed kind, not the shredded kind), sourdough toast, and bacon. Plus lots of orange juice! I very rarely ever get to eat this kind of breakfast. :friends0:

Echo,

I thought the cubed kind were home fries and the shredded kind are hash browns. Maybe that's only on the East coast?

We always referred to them as "southern-style hash browns". Also, I think that home fries are cut larger. These cubes are really small.

I just don't like the shredded ones because I think they absorb too much of the oil.

I tend to go without breakfast alot of the time, which is bad I know, but when I do have breakfast it is usually toast or cereal. Brown bread toasted with just butter or marmite or Dorset Cereals - berries and cherries - it is divine, such texture and nice and sweet at the same time. :friends0:

I sometimes have grapefruit, or a banana, or kiwi for breakfast. Mostly in the summer tho.

My tummy is very happy after a bowl of berries and cherries by dorset cereals. :irked: it has a purple box too, although if I could I would have pancakes for breakfast with lemon and sugar.:lol:

I can rarely stomach a cooked breakfast, to eat it I either have to be in a zombie state which mostly means I haven't slept from the night before or I have been up for a couple of hours.

I tend not to eat breakfast as I'm out of the house really early most days and usually feel a bit queasy once I have woken up. I can't bear eating as soon as I wake, which is why I usually have breakfast/lunch at 11 o'clockish.

Because of this I tend to have my favourite breakfast foods for lunch or tea. I really like pancakes and croissants, as well as cereals like cornflakes and shreddies (I'm not very adventurous) or even toast and butter.

I alternate between cereal/fruit, english muffin/jam (my sister makes a delicious pomegranate jam) or scrambled eggs with cheese. Obscene amounts of coffee to go with all of the above as well, lol.

My fave breakfast is probably an omelet oozing w/cheese and veggies and some really crispy bacon on the side. Oh, and coffee and a warm scone of course. :friends0:

If any of you ever find yourself in Sugar Hill, New Hampshire in the future, the best pancake breakfast I've ever had in my life was at 'Polly's Pancake Parlour.' Yummy NH syrup and really fluffy cakes!

One Weetabix, slathered with plain cream cheese, then in a bit come back and have oatmeal toast with butter and peanut butter, along side a pot of tea.

Scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon and grits with toast and tea.