Recently published GOOD crime novels

Personally, I would recommend any of his books :blush:

Charm is sending me The Blue Nowhere in the post and I can't wait to get started! I've not read any Deaver book that isn't in the Lincoln Rhyme series so I'm really looking forward to it :lol::D:D

I would suggest Chelsea Cain's Sweetheart and the sequel Heartsick. I had never heard of Cain before until I saw the books in the library and they sounded really interesting. Picked them up and read it and now I'm eagerly waiting for the third novel :blush:

I would suggest Chelsea Cain's Sweetheart and the sequel Heartsick. I had never heard of Cain before until I saw the books in the library and they sounded really interesting. Picked them up and read it and now I'm eagerly waiting for the third novel :lol:

I have heartsick coming in the post any day, very exicted to read it, it's about time we had a decent female serial killer. :blush:

I have heartsick coming in the post any day, very exicted to read it, it's about time we had a decent female serial killer. :blush:

Oooh, I'm excited for you! I definitely agree about the female serial killer thing. I really liked Heartsick but I think I enjoyed the sequel Sweetheart more. I said this to Charm the other day that there are a couple of weird and unusual aspects to the story and Cain plays really well with those aspects. The second book definitely goes deeper into the story and the characters. If you enjoy the first book, I'd recommend you read the second book without reading the blurb so you'll get more out of it on your own :lol:

Oooh, I'm excited for you! I definitely agree about the female serial killer thing. I really liked Heartsick but I think I enjoyed the sequel Sweetheart more. I said this to Charm the other day that there are a couple of weird and unusual aspects to the story and Cain plays really well with those aspects. The second book definitely goes deeper into the story and the characters. If you enjoy the first book, I'd recommend you read the second book without reading the blurb so you'll get more out of it on your own :lol:

:blush: Thanks for the advice, I'll try what you said!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I would suggest Chelsea Cain's Sweetheart and the sequel Heartsick. I had never heard of Cain before until I saw the books in the library and they sounded really interesting. Picked them up and read it and now I'm eagerly waiting for the third novel :)

Is that evil at Heart?? Thats already in my local library I spotted it the otehr day. I have Sweetheart and Heartsick on my TBR pile as someone gave them to me as a present.

Is that evil at Heart?? Thats already in my local library I spotted it the otehr day. I have Sweetheart and Heartsick on my TBR pile as someone gave them to me as a present.

Yep, it's Evil at Heart and I've already read it too :) It wasn't quite as good as Sweetheart and Heartsick but great anyway! You should definitely read them soon, and read them in order!

Edit: Oh my, I think I've put the books in the wrong order in my previous posts, the real order is Heartsick, Sweetheard and Evil at Heart!!

Edited by frankie

• 2 weeks later...

I came across this book recently: just published last month. Highly recommended for adults as well as teenagers.

Why Begins With W.

14741_1089934667707_1806717670_187847_5868148_n.jpg

From an on-line review at "The Good Music Guide":

"I recently finished Why Begins With W. Great fun! Doubt that most references would be picked up by the average teen. I especially liked the androgynous Patrick MacGoohan narrator and the plot development of unblossoming; very Agatha Christie. Indeed, half way through I thought the author might even be going for a Murder on the Orient Express finish, where a clique of jealous upperclasmen kills (the victims). The (...) twist was unseen, but totally justified in restrospect. Excellent story. Hope it catches on. Will leave a review on Amazon soon."

I am not sure what the reviewer means by a "Patrick McGoohan" narrator: the narrator refuses to divulge his/her gender to the reader. There are clues both ways, which is part of the fun in the book.

I assume it might be a reference to McGoohan's famous TV series The Prisoner.

I came across this book recently: just published last month. Highly recommended for adults as well as teenagers.

Why Begins With W.

14741_1089934667707_1806717670_187847_5868148_n.jpg

From an on-line review at "The Good Music Guide":

"I recently finished Why Begins With W. Great fun! Doubt that most references would be picked up by the average teen. I especially liked the androgynous Patrick MacGoohan narrator and the plot development of unblossoming; very Agatha Christie. Indeed, half way through I thought the author might even be going for a Murder on the Orient Express finish, where a clique of jealous upperclasmen kills (the victims). The (...) twist was unseen, but totally justified in restrospect. Excellent story. Hope it catches on. Will leave a review on Amazon soon."

I am not sure what the reviewer means by a "Patrick McGoohan" narrator: the narrator refuses to divulge his/her gender to the reader. There are clues both ways, which is part of the fun in the book.

I assume it might be a reference to McGoohan's famous TV series The Prisoner.

Thanks for this review, I love finding a cheeky who dunnit novel. Have put that in my littlebalck reading book.

• 1 month later...