Jeffery Deaver

Just finished Jeffery Deaver's, Praying for Sleep. Must say this felt a bit long winded at times, although it could be because I am reading in fits and spurts at the moment. However the story is fine, and there is a double twist at the end - I had figured out that things are not how they seemed, but it still took me by surprise :D Enjoyable.

Anyone read it?

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

:jump:Another big Jeffery Deaver fan here, I still need to read Roadside Crosses and The Bodies left behind.

I love the Rhyme books, The Blue Nowhere is also a favourite.

I read on this thread that they were thinking of making a movie of The Blue Nowhere, does anyone know if it eventuated?

He is definately one of my favourite authors, love the twists and his books I can't put down.

Well, according to Jeffery Deaver's website, the right to The Blue Nowhere has been purchased by Warner Bros & Joel Silver is producing the movie..............

That's great :D I really enjoyed the book and constantly recommend it to my BF (who doesn't really read) as I think he'd enjoy the story. This way he can watch the movie and get the general jist :D

Well, according to Jeffery Deaver's website, the right to The Blue Nowhere has been purchased by Warner Bros & Joel Silver is producing the movie..............

Can't wait to see that! The book was fantastic! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I had no idea they were making a film of The Blue Nowhere! im chuffed :blush:

I love Jeffery Deaver, have read most of his books and there's only one or two that i didnt really enjoy - one of them being The Garden of Beasts if i remember correctly.

Have just bought The Bodies Left Behind and looking forward to starting it :lol:

I love Jeffery Deaver, have read most of his books and there's only one or two that i didnt really enjoy - one of them being The Garden of Beasts if i remember correctly.

Oh dear, this is on my TBR shelf. I'll still read it though :blush:

It was a good book (honest :blush:) just not my cup of tea - it was set in the 1930's and about Hitler, i'd never have bought it if it had been written by anyone else.

Deaver's written about the 1930s and Hitler? Didn't know that. I don't have the book though, but I'm curious about it.

Deaver's written about the 1930s and Hitler? Didn't know that. I don't have the book though, but I'm curious about it.

The book is about a hitman for the mob called Paul Schumann who is to pose as a member of the 1936 Olympic team, travel to Berlin, and kill a high-ranking Nazi close to Hitler :blush:

The book is about a hitman for the mob called Paul Schumann who is to pose as a member of the 1936 Olympic team, travel to Berlin, and kill a high-ranking Nazi close to Hitler :D

Do you know I never even read the blurb :blush: I just saw it was Deaver and bought it. It was in a charity shop and is in great condition so to me it was a bargain :lol: I'll let you know what I think when I've read it :lol:

Do you know I never even read the blurb :blush: I just saw it was Deaver and bought it. It was in a charity shop and is in great condition so to me it was a bargain :lol: I'll let you know what I think when I've read it ;)

Im exactly the same Charm! I really need to start reading what im buying :lol:

I just saw it was a Deaver and that was that :D

The book is about a hitman for the mob called Paul Schumann who is to pose as a member of the 1936 Olympic team, travel to Berlin, and kill a high-ranking Nazi close to Hitler :lol:

If I my memory serves me correctly :lol: I think it was pretty good. ( I read it quite a while a go) :blush:

Do you know I never even read the blurb :roll: I just saw it was Deaver and bought it. It was in a charity shop and is in great condition so to me it was a bargain :) I'll let you know what I think when I've read it :)

:) Well, in all fairness, I would buy every Deaver book I can get my hands on in a charityshop/secondhand bookshop, without reading the blurb. (I would have to check my list of already bought Deavers though!)

• 3 months later...

Just finished Jeffery Deaver's Mistress of Justice. It is one of his earliest novels (published 1992) and it is (I believe) a stand-alone. It is a clever story, although not as clever as his subsequent novels - probably Deaver was still honing his skills at inserting a clever twist at the end - or perhaps I have now come to know his style so much that I suspected how it would end - although I must admit I was more than half way through :roll:

The story in short is about a paralegal whose services are enlisted by one of the young brilliant lawyers at Hubbard, White, Willis, the legal firm where they both work, to help him investigate the theft of a promissory note which is crucial to one of his impending trail cases. The story starts with theft, continues with an attempted murder, backstabbing, indecent proposals, blackmail, high class underage call girls and ends with murder. :D

• 2 weeks later...

For all the Deaver fans on here, he's doing a UK tour to promote his new Lincoln Rhyme book with loads of dates from what I could see. Details are on his publishers website http://hodder.co.uk/news_events/events_search_results.aspx?Term=jeffery%20deaver&Page=1 (hope it's okay to post here and doesn't need a separate thread in the promotional board?)

For all the Deaver fans on here, he's doing a UK tour to promote his new Lincoln Rhyme book with loads of dates from what I could see. Details are on his publishers website http://hodder.co.uk/news_events/events_search_results.aspx?Term=jeffery%20deaver&Page=1 (hope it's okay to post here and doesn't need a separate thread in the promotional board?)

Thanks for posting this chesil! Unfortunately, it looks like he won't be coming to N.Ireland :lol: ... nobody ever does :lol:

Just saw some interesting news on JD's website - he has been chosen to write the next James Bond book! James Bond - I'm not personally a James Bond fan, but I think I would probably check this out just to see what Deaver does with him!