Jeffery Deaver

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was the first book by Jeffery Deaver i read -- maybe even the best -- once when I didnt know which nickname to have on the internet my brain suddenly flashed and i saw a big Phate ;)

;) There's quite a few on here who have read it too so I'm so glad you didn't use the nickname, we might have lost a few members! :motz:

Phate? (That's gotta be as in 'fate') You have me intrigued :motz: It's that hacker thriller right? I have it somewhere but I'm in the middle of a Sookie book so I ain't gonna start it now ;)

Good to see you found us earthworm, I just read your intro and suggested you come and read this thread but of course you already had done that ;)

Phate? (That's gotta be as in 'fate') You have me intrigued :motz: It's that hacker thriller right? I have it somewhere but I'm in the middle of a Sookie book so I ain't gonna start it now ;)

I thought you had read it already, you should move it up to the top of your TBR pile! ;)

I read about three of Jerrery Deavers' novels years and years ago and loved them but had forgot all about them during the last few hectic years- all will now be added to my TBR pile (although I will probably have to get most of them from my local library at this rate or I will have no money left for baby clothes and nappies :lol:)

I've heard a lot of great things about this author on here. I have just started reading 'The Coffin Dancer'. I hope I enjoy it.

Ooooh that's my favourite of the Lincoln Rhyme series. It's brilliant!!

I started the Stone Monkey a few weeks ago now and although it started to pick up it's been taking a while to get into. Not the usual Deaver but I'll try to pick it up again soon and make progress :lol:

Oh Nicola are you still reading that? Sorry to hear it's not going as well as one might expect :irked:

I just realised the other day that the Deaver book I bought this summer, Maiden's Grave, has been made into a movie and I've actually seen it many many years ago! The movie's called Dead Silence and it was made in 1997, starring for example James Garner and Marlee Matlin. I don't remember much about the movie so it's not going to disturb my reading the book :D From what I do remember I think the film is worth a watch if you get the chance to see it.

Oh Nicola are you still reading that? Sorry to hear it's not going as well as one might expect :D .

:irked: .. it's next on my Deaver read list :D

I just realised the other day that the Deaver book I bought this summer, Maiden's Grave, has been made into a movie and I've actually seen it many many years ago! The movie's called Dead Silence and it was made in 1997, starring for example James Garner and Marlee Matlin. I don't remember much about the movie so it's not going to disturb my reading the book :exc: From what I do remember I think the film is worth a watch if you get the chance to see it.

I have this book on my shelf to be read but I've never even heard of the film let alone seen it! :D

Charm let's hope you enjoy it more than Nicola *keeping my thumbs up*

Cool, you have Maiden's Grave too :D Do watch the film if you have the chance, but as always, remember to make sure you've read the book first! :D (Charm how's it going otherwise with your reading? Have you started something new since the Slaughter book? Might I interest you in Ann Rule's Ted Bundy book, Chelsea Cain's Heartsick/Sweetheart series or perhaps the charming Jumbo Lamb Disney meets shepherd killer? :irked:)

Oh Nicola are you still reading that? Sorry to hear it's not going as well as one might expect :D

QUOTE]

Yeah it's still ongoing but I've been a bit side tracked by the Sookie Stackhouse books so I'll probably pick it up again soon and give it my undivided attention. It has great potential! :exc: fingers crossed!

I have this book on my shelf to be read but I've never even heard of the film let alone seen it! :D

I also have this book lurking somewhere on my bookshelves. It was one of those charity shop 50p purchases. I didn't realise there was a movie though :D Hopefully it's as good as the Bone Collector movie :irked:

Well after reading this post, I've just ordered The Bone Collector for my Dad as it's his birthday in a week and I was a bit stumped as to what to get him. I've seen the film and really enjoyed it, not sure if he's seen it though but this genre is his thing, I hope he enjoys it, would mean I can buy the rest of the series for the next few christmasses and birthdays hehe!

Well after reading this post, I've just ordered The Bone Collector for my Dad as it's his birthday in a week and I was a bit stumped as to what to get him. I've seen the film and really enjoyed it, not sure if he's seen it though but this genre is his thing, I hope he enjoys it, would mean I can buy the rest of the series for the next few christmasses and birthdays hehe!

I was the same. I am waiting for my reservation from the library to arrive. It sounded right up my street after reading all the posts.

• 1 month later...

QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT RE: JEFFREY & THE DEAVERETTES SOCIAL GROUP

In an effort to tighten things up on the forum, we've been going through the social groups and have closed one or two that were a) Very quiet & :lol: Better suited to the main forum where it can be seen by more members.

Mr Deaver is such a popular author, it was felt best to close the social group and keep the active thread on the main forum as the focus for Deaver discussion, whether it be about his books, TV appearances / series or films.