Matthew Skelton - Endymion Spring

Endymion Spring

Author: Matthew Skelton

ISBN # 0141382392

Publisher: Puffin

First Published: 2006

442 pages

Who or what is Endymion Spring? A power for good, or for evil...A legendary book that holds the secret to a world of knowledge...A young boy without a voice - whose five-hundred-year-old story is about to explode in the twenty-first century...Blake is visiting Oxford with his academic mother and his kid sister. While their mum immerses herself in olde worlde volumes, Blake feels trapped in the dusty air of the college library. Until one day, Blake is running his finger along the shelf and feels something pierce his finger, drawing blood - like a bite. The book responsible is a battered old volume, with a strange clasp like a serpent's head - with real fangs. Printed on its front are two words: Endymion Spring. Its paper is almost luminous - blank, wordless, but with a texture that seems to shine, and fine veins running through it. The paper quivers, as if it's alive. And as Blake looks, words begin to appear on the page - words meant only for him; words no one else can see. The book has been waiting five-hundred years for the right boy; now it must fulfil its destiny...

This is The Da Vinci Code for kids! There

• 3 years later...

I loved this book! I loved the structure of the book also with the different narratives being set in different colours! I thought that it was a very profound book with some intriguing parts and some quite sad parts. I felt soo sorry for Endymion. Do you know of any other Matthew Skelton books?

I've read Endymion Spring and enjoyed it, but can't remember anything much about it. But that probably says more about my memory than the book itself. :censored: