Angel Uncovered- Katie Price

K1nS

The blurb:

' Angel Summer looks as if she has found her happy ever after. She's married to the love of her life, sexy footballer Cal, they have a beautiful baby girl and Angel is Britain's top glamour model. But all is not as it seems and there is heartache in store.

When Cal is transferred to AC Milan, Angel feels isolated so far away from her family and friends instead of embracing the WAG lifestyle of designer shopping and pampering. Surrounded by beautiful people, will Angel and Cal pull together or will they turn themselves to seek comfort? Angel's worst nightmares come to life when an old flame of Cal's comes back on the scene and suddenly Angel is fighting to save her marriage and herself...'

This book only took me 2 days to read.. it is actually a follow up from Katie Prices other novel 'Angel' although I think it would be ok as a stand alone book.

This book only took me 2 days to read.. it is actually a follow up from Katie Prices other novel 'Angel' although I think it would be ok as a stand alone book.

Was it any good, did you enjoy it? I haven't read any of her books, never really been interested.

I wonder if she writes these books completely by herself or whether she hires a ghost writer/editor to help her with it. Well, most published authors have editors anyway, whether employed by the publisher or agent etc. so that's not a surprise.

Not my cup of tea either, although I have to admire her business sense. I can confirm though that she does indeed use a ghost writer - as do most 'celebrities'. A ghost writer is not of course the same as an editor - the two are very different jobs. The ghost writer typcially spends a couple of weeks with their subject interviewing them and getting 'the bones' of their story, which they then go away and write in the 'celebrities' voice. It is I am told not an easy job, but can be very lucrative. Most work for a set fee, but a few take a share of the royalties, although this is pretty unusual.

Not my cup of tea either, although I have to admire her business sense. I can confirm though that she does indeed use a ghost writer - as do most 'celebrities'. A ghost writer is not of course the same as an editor - the two are very different jobs. The ghost writer typcially spends a couple of weeks with their subject interviewing them and getting 'the bones' of their story, which they then go away and write in the 'celebrities' voice. It is I am told not an easy job, but can be very lucrative. Most work for a set fee, but a few take a share of the royalties, although this is pretty unusual.

This pretty much sickens me.

If you can't write a book worthy of publishing yourself, stop contaminating the world of literature by getting someone else to do it for you and then putting your name on it.

Maybe I'm being harsh, I don't know. But writing, like music, painting etc, is all art to me. Either you're an artist or you're not - I can't stand wannabes.

This pretty much sickens me.

If you can't write a book worthy of publishing yourself, stop contaminating the world of literature by getting someone else to do it for you and then putting your name on it.

:)

Katie Price as a person sickens me anyways. I think it's kind of pathetic the way that she markets these books as her own, even though she probably can't even spell her own name never mind write a "novel", and there are thousands of fans who believe she actually writes them herself and pay good money to buy the books :lol:.

I suppose I see it as a brand really. People buy the books because they are 'writen' by Katie Price, it's like a marketing strategy really.

While I don't like Katie Price she really has been quite clever about marketing herself

I suppose I see it as a brand really. People buy the books because they are 'writen' by Katie Price, it's like a marketing strategy really.

While I don't like Katie Price she really has been quite clever about marketing herself

Im not one of those people :lol: I actually really enjoyed this book and did with her other two she has out. You see what its like being a celeb and how she (Angel) copes with everything, trying to have a normal life.. anyways like I said, I liked it :)

I'm not a fan of Katie Price/Jordan (although I was quite impressed by her in I'm a Celebrity... as I thought she'd be too pathetic to cope but she had guts) but I think she's a very astute business woman.

I wouldn't choose to read any of her books as they don't appeal but if people are prepared to pay for them then good luck to her!

I borrowed Angel from my local library to see what it was like and I actually kind of enjoyed it. It was a very quick and easy read, perfect for when you want something that's not too heavy on the old brain cells. And yes I know she didn't write them, and any praise I'm giving them is more for the person who did write them ... from what I can remember her name is Rebecca something or other. I think.

Anyway what I'm saying is yes I don't agree with the whole ghost writer thing, and although I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to buy any books that had Katie Prices name on them, I'd still read them if I came across them in the library.

Why doesn't the real writer - Rebecca or whatever her name is - come forward as the 'real author' of the books and begin selling things with her own name instead of Katie Price? Rebecca could do so much better for herself. I want to see something Katie Price has really written by herself :lol:

I totally agree Bronwen.

I think the whole Ghost Writer thing is a bit of a hard one to comment on. I mean on the one hand it's really pathetic that celebrities get someone to write a book for them just so that they can put their name to it. It's not fair to the readers who may not know that it's ghost written and it's not really fair to the real author who doesn't get the recognition for it. But then again, as the publishing world is so difficult to get into maybe ghostwriting for some authors is the only way that they can get published in which case maybe it's a good thing for them.

I believe that Rebecca Farnworth is publishing a novel in May of this year in her own name. It will be interesting to see how well this sells. It is not the idea of ghost writing par se that I object to, as much as 'celebrities' pretending that they have written the books themselves, which from what I have heard, Katie does. This to me is little short of fraud.

I don't like the woman at all, and never have done. I just think that there are better ways to earn a living that parading your life and body in public, but I guess the book buying public obviously don't agree, as her books sell by the cartload. Like I said, it is not my cup of tea, but each to their own. I certainly wouldn't knock someone for buying this stuff, as the end of the day, we are going to like different things, and to some it is a form of escapism - no better or worse than any other kind. It is what it is.

Edited by Talisman