World Book Day - 5 March 2009

Kell

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work in a school, so we usually mark the day by having people in to read/tell stories, and often we make a class book of some kind. It`s usually a fun day and the children, who are all special needs, all get something out of it. :blush:

I don't think there is much at all going on in my area - I suppose I could write something about the importance of books for the Box Hill News though or a letter to the local paper ! By the time the day comes around I will be back on Lundy - there are no book shops there !

A mini-readathon would be good. A kind of race to see who can read the most pages during a certain time period. We could either get sponsors, or we can each donate a small amount ourselves - a kind of entry fee. The one thing I would say if a readathon is what we do, is that it might be best to change the day we do it on. March 5th falls on a Thursday and I don't know about the rest of you but I would prefer to do a readathon on a Saturday or Sunday - more time for one thing!

I think doing the photos would be great, i'm already trying to think of where I could have a photo taken! :blush:

I was thinking about it too, got a few good ideas. ;)

How about a "book swap"? We could set up a thread of fokls who are interested and each person is paired up with another and they send each other a book they've already read and enjoyed (to keep, of course, otherwise it would just be a multi-person book loan!) in time for World Book Day.

How about a "book swap"? We could set up a thread of fokls who are interested and each person is paired up with another and they send each other a book they've already read and enjoyed (to keep, of course, otherwise it would just be a multi-person book loan!) in time for World Book Day.

I'm up for doing this :blush:

I work in a school, so we usually mark the day by having people in to read/tell stories, and often we make a class book of some kind. It`s usually a fun day and the children, who are all special needs, all get something out of it. :blush:

I am a teacher but we are having our WBD celebrations a week or so later as we have a special guest coming in to do workshops with the kids!