Sophie Kinsella - The Undomestic Goddess

Kell

The Undomestic Goddess

Author: Sophie Kinsella

ISBN # 0552772747

Publisher: Black Swan

First Published: 2005

416 pages

Workaholic attorney Samantha Sweeting has just done the unthinkable: She's made a mistake so huge it'll wreck any chance of a partnership. Going into utter meltdown, she walks out of her London office, gets on a train, and ends up in the middle of nowhere. Asking for directions at a big, beautiful house, she's mistaken for an interviewee and finds herself being offered a job as housekeeper. Her employers have no idea they've hired a lawyer

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed it too. It was predictable (of course) but charming, and such a nice light read.

I've read all of Sophie Kinsella's books - they're all very similar. I've only read one of her writing under her real name - Swimming Pool Sunday - and it was less 'chick-litty' than her books as Sophie Kinsella, but quite a good read, although I don't think I'll be rushing to buy any more!

I think I might have to try this one, I think I need a bit of light reading every now and again.

I've never read any Sophie Kinsella before, I'm not much of a chick Lit person. I've read the Bridget Jones books and I read Kathy Lette but past that, not much.

It might stop the boyfriend pinching my books before I've finished them too lol

Kat

:catlove:

• 3 years later...

the-undomestic-goddess.jpg

Synopsis from Amazon:

The story of a girl who needs to slow down. To find herself. To fall in love. And to discover what an iron is for...Samantha is a high-powered lawyer in London. She works all hours, has no home life, and cares only about getting a partnership. She thrives on the pressure and adrenalin. Until one day...she makes a mistake. A mistake so huge, it'll wreck her career. She walks right out of the office, gets on the first train she sees, and finds herself in the middle of nowhere. Asking for directions at a big, beautiful house, she is mistaken for the interviewee housekeeper and finds herself being offered the job. They have no idea they've hired a Cambridge-educated lawyer with an IQ of 158 - Samantha has no idea how to work the oven. Disaster ensues. It's chaos as Samantha battles with the washing machine...the ironing board...and attempts to cook a cordon bleu dinner. But gradually, she falls in love with her new life in a wholly unexpected way. Will her employers ever discover the truth? Will Samantha's old life ever catch up with her? And if it does...will she want it back?

Samantha is one of the best lawyers in England - then she discovers a memo on her desk that needed urgent attention a few weeks before. This is a

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...