Penguins in boxes

I think it's probably one of their special editions in the Bill Amberg collaboration - it's actually on the Penguin Classics website but there isn't much info there, other than this:

"The result of a creative collaboration between Bill Amberg and the world's favourite publisher, now you can own your favourite Penguin Classic in a beautifully-crafted leather bound edition designed by London-based leather designer Bill Amberg."

There's a bit more on the Bill Amberg website, with a picture of the books as well --> click here

Well, of the six, I've read The Great Gatsby, A Room With a View and The Picture of Dorian Grey, but I've been intending to read the other three (Brideshead Revisited, The Big Sleep and Breakfast at Tiffany's) for ages. It would be gorgeous to have this matching set, even if I only ever read cheaper paperbacks of them (although I don't think I could resist reading these versions at least the once, just for the tactile experience!).

Wouldn't it be lovely if you could order others too and slowly build up your collection - I'd have them all on my birthday and Xmas lists every year!

Actually, that's a thought...

A collection would be nice, but I wouldn't spend €180 buying 6 books when I'd only ever want one of them. The others are irrelevant to me - Oscar Wilde to me is the kind of classy dude who deserves to be the one beautiful leather bound gem among 50 ordinary paperbacks. It's one of my all-time favourite stories - and I think everybody knows about my fondness for Wilde's way with words! :roll:

Well, of the six, I've read The Great Gatsby, A Room With a View and The Picture of Dorian Grey, but I've been intending to read the other three (Brideshead Revisited, The Big Sleep and Breakfast at Tiffany's) for ages. It would be gorgeous to have this matching set, even if I only ever read cheaper paperbacks of them (although I don't think I could resist reading these versions at least the once, just for the tactile experience!).

Wouldn't it be lovely if you could order others too and slowly build up your collection - I'd have them all on my birthday and Xmas lists every year!

Actually, that's a thought...

I think I will order The Great Gatsby & The Big Sleep. They just look too nice to read. But as you said, how could you not?

That said, if Penguin are knocking them out at

They are lovely. I've seen some in Waterstone's before which had covers which looked almost like decorative wallpaper, I can't remember what publishing house it is though, or find them on the website. I'm always attracted to them instore though