Most borrowed author from UK libraries - June 2007 to June 2008

Janet

US thriller writer James Patterson has retained his position as the most borrowed author from UK libraries.

For full story click here

The top-10 are...

James Patterson

Dame Jacqueline Wilson

Daisy Meadows

Nora Roberts

Francesca Simon

Mick Inkpen

Josephine Cox

Danielle Steel

Janet & Allan Ahlberg

Ian Whybrow

I haven't read anything those authors apart from the Kipper books by Mick Inkpen! :D:lol:

What about you - have you read these authors? Who would you have expected to be there?

I'm surprised someone like Stephen King isn't on that list.

I used to read James Patterson a lot, but haven`t read any of his in the last couple of years.

I would have expected to see, Stephen King, Jeffery Deaver and Tess Gerritsen on the list. :lol:

I read Jaqueline Wilson books in my early-mid teens and really liked them, I actually wrote to her and got a proper handwritten letter back (I think she must have been less well known then, or maybe she just replies to all her mail). I've read the Kipper books too. And some Janet and Alan Ahlberg, which are great kids books. I still practically know Each Peach Pear Plum off by heart, and the Jolly Postman books were great. And there was heard it in the playground which was for older kids

US thriller writer James Patterson has retained his position as the most borrowed author from UK libraries.

For full story click here

The top-10 are...

James Patterson

Dame Jacqueline Wilson

Daisy Meadows

Nora Roberts

Francesca Simon

Mick Inkpen

Josephine Cox

Danielle Steel

Janet & Allan Ahlberg

Ian Whybrow

I haven't read anything those authors apart from the Kipper books by Mick Inkpen! :D:lol:

What about you - have you read these authors? Who would you have expected to be there?

I'm surprised someone like Stephen King isn't on that list.

Ive read couple danielle steel books, granny dan was good, not surprised she is on it, my mum used to borrow those years ago, and josephine cox, nora roberts and james patterson - although i have read no books by all three i know are very popular authors,....i would have thought stephen king would be on there too, not sure who else tbh, ive read nearly all tess gerritsens but didnt realise she was so popular till i came on this forum, glad to know she is

I'm not surprised that Damn Jacqueline Wilson is on there, not that I've ever read anything by her. I've read the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson, and I've read Step On Crack. I know he's a popular author so that's expected really.

oo i didnt see jacqueline wilsons name first time i read this, the dame threw me, she was one of my fave authors as a child, brilliant woman and i only own one of her books i borrowed the rest from the library when i was younger, glad to see she is still loved as much - lucy you lucky thing!

not surprised J. K. Rowling isnt higher placed seeing as everyone likes to own her books, (tad obsessed) camping outside the shops and all :lol:

Edited by chrysalis_stage

oo i didnt see jacqueline wilsons name first time i read this, the dame threw me, she was one of my fave authors as a child, brilliant woman and i only own one of her books i borrowed the rest from the library when i was younger, glad to see she is still loved as much - lucy you lucky thing!

not surprised J. K. Rowling isnt higher placed seeing as everyone likes to own her books, (tad obsessed) camping outside the shops and all :lol:

They were talking about that on BBC yesterday. Simon Brett was on, and apparently J K Rowling is number 43 - but considering she has only written less than 10 books, that was considered a very high placement.

They were talking about that on BBC yesterday. Simon Brett was on, and apparently J K Rowling is number 43 - but considering she has only written less than 10 books, that was considered a very high placement.

yeah i suppose the more books you write the more books people can borrow, how many has james patterson wrote then?

They were saying on the beeb yesterday that he apparently has a contract to release 9 (I think that was the number) novels a year! I guess this is a case of quantity vs quality? The only ones of his I have read is the 1st three of the Women's Murder Club & they were not bad.

They were saying on the beeb yesterday that he apparently has a contract to release 9 (I think that was the number) novels a year! I guess this is a case of quantity vs quality? The only ones of his I have read is the 1st three of the Women's Murder Club & they were not bad.

good point i would prefer quality. There is an author (sarah micklem - hi is your on this forum somewhere - you never know - i added her as a friend on facebook *not a stalker honest*)

Well her sequel to firethorn has taken a while but im happy knowing it will be of better quality than if she rushed it and got more books out in the same year :roll:

what is nanowrimo style?

National Novel Writing Month basically the idea is you write a novel (of at least 50,000 words) in a month, well not a novel really more a first draft. I took part this year for the first time and ended up with around 52,000 words, but the editing is killing me!