Book Journal

Midget Gem

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This arrived today in the post.

It's so beautiful and arty! I almost didn't wanna write in it! I recommend that anyone that wants one, gets this one :friends0:.

I'm so glad you like it! I think it's beautiful! I got myself a special pen to write in mine and I always write a draft first so I don't make any mistakes in the book! :lol:

For some reason, I couldn't put the pictures on here so I added them to my album on my profile. :D

*Goes to look* Thanks for doing that, I just haven't had the time!

Oooh I peeked too. Its gorgeous!

Ohhh they're lovely! *wants* :eek:

Hee hee it is very pretty! :D

You usually write about what you're reading, books that you want, or need to read, and then maybe books you lend out. Some people on here keep them in actual book journals, some in notebooks, others keeps lists online :blush: hope that helps!

What Lexi said, and it's usually just personal preference about often you fill them out.

It is a lovely idea and I started one once, but after a few months my enthusiasm dwindled and it got put to one side. Really keen on starting again though. I do keep a quotes book and that really needs updating!

I think you may have convinced me to start again!!

Bought a notebook at the weekend from Smiths to use as a book journal. Realised later they've misquoted Keats on the cover. Heigh ho! I've been scribbling my thoughs on Barchester Towers all weekend...you've unleashed a monster!

• 1 year later...

I've decided that I would like to buy a Book Journal to keep lists of all my books (combining lists and books and a lovely journal - what could be better!) I was just wondering if anybody could recommend a good one as I've never actually seen one before (I only know they exist as somebody mentioned one in a post somewhere)

I've come across this one on Amazon that looks quite nice but I'm unsure. Ideally I want room for lists of books I've read, books I want to purchase, and possibilty room for general notes such as quotes etc. Any recommendations??

I have one of those you linked :smile2: as per my Amazon review, it's cute and handy-sized but the sections can be confusing and the lines are no good unless your writing is very very small. This on the other hand is the one I can't wait to own - purdy isn't it?

That one is lovely too Bookjumper. I really like notebooks with the ribbon down the middle so you don't lose your page. Also (as a paper-hogger), I like it if the book can be sealed shut so you can put loose bits of paper in between the pages without the fear or the journal opening and paper going everywhere.

I have one of those you linked :smile2: as per my Amazon review, it's cute and handy-sized but the sections can be confusing and the lines are no good unless your writing is very very small. This on the other hand is the one I can't wait to own - purdy isn't it?

Ah I read your review and never noticed it was you! The line size could be a problem as my writing is quite big and tends to get a bit messy when I have to write small. However it does look nice and I like the fact it has quotes in it.

That other one you mentioned is very nice too.....maybe I'll buy both!!

I have a list of all the books I've read since I was about 14 on loose bits of A4 paper, I'm trying to decide how much of this list to transfer to a journal. It could be a big job!

Awww, I'm jealous of your list-keeping. I used to have similar lists dating back to primary school but I no longer have them, I'd give anything to find them again - they were so impressive. Big job or no, I'd copy them all down; you know you want to :smile2:!