Cross stitch

lexiepiper

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know what I will do with Winnie. I guess put him in my cross stitch portfolio for the time being.

I have finished the 2nd page of Johnny Depp:

th_P1226_12-03-10.jpg

th_P122601_12-03-10.jpg

Kate, Johnny is looking really great. :D Well done...I can't wait to see the finished project.

Well, my cross stitch project is on hold and I am itching to finish it but I have no choice. I am afraid the wedding stationery is a priority this month. :)

It's my week for stitching Charlie again so I spent a very enjoyable couple of hours working on him. I've missed the little lad very much and I think I'll be very sad when I've finished him as I'm enjoying stitching him very much. Anyway, here's where I left off tonight:

20progress150310.th.jpg

Thanks, Gemz. He's really a lot of fun to stitch. I plan to have him framed and hang the pic in Xan's room when it's done. My Mam is also quite an artist and is decorating a toy box with this picture and some of the other Charlie's Ark characters for Xan too (except she's changing the lettering to read "Xander's Ark" - LOL!).

aww that's a really good idea. Where is the character from? I just thought it was a cross stitch you got didn't realise it was from anything in particular? I used to cross stitch and after reading this I looked for some of it. Only found one which is a baby crib with a teddy or something next to it. maybe I'll take a pic and upload it for you guys!!

THe picture is called Charlie's Falling Star and it's from the Charlie's Ark collection - gorgeous pics. I plan to stitch quite a few for Xan's nursery. :blush:

Here's where I finished up tonight. I now only have backstitching to do! I am well chuffed that I managed to get the French knot above the "i" in "Charlie's Ark" perfect first time, as I always have bother with those things and usually use a seed bead instead if I can possibly get away with it - LOL!

21progress160310.th.jpg

That's the backstitching on the window frame all done. Tomorrow I get to start doing the backstitch on Charlie - hurrah!

22progress170310.th.jpg

And I've just been incredibly naughty and bought some new stash as I was given a link to a site that has some very special specials on. 20p each for DMC linen threads (only 10 shades, but still!), and 49p for a pack of 10 assorted Venus threads and 49p for a pack of 10 assorted Anchor perle threads. And also 49p for a pack of 25 assorted fabrics (all 4" square). I went and ordered 2 of each on all those items and including P&P it came to just shy of

Edited by Kell

I'll PM you. As it's a commercial site, I don't want to just pop the link on the forum, but if anyone else wants to know, just drop me a line.

Thanks Kell!

I used to just leave mine on Lexie until I had finished the section. Aside from a crease I never had any problem with the fabric and leaving the hook on all the time