Cross stitch

lexiepiper

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I take my hoop or frame off at the end of every stitching session, simply because I store my projects in bags and have several projects on the go at any given time but only a finite assortment of hoops to use.

My stash from the site of very much cheapness has arrived and I'm am over the moon! It's all so gorgeous. :lol:

I'm dying to try out the linen and perle threas (I've never trie them before!) and the two packs of 4" square pieces of fabric each contain 25 pieces (most of them labelled, so I'll know what I'm using) and have all different colours, counts and fabric types, so I'll be experimenting like crazy, THey're the perfect size for cards and biscornu... And I've always liked Venus threads - they have a very nice sheen to them and are so easy to work with.

Anyway, here's a pic of my stash for you all to drool over:

stash.th.jpg

The fabric packs are in the centre, the linen flosses are at the top, the perle flosses (in autumn shades) are to the left and right, and the Venus flosses are at the bottom of the pic. Am going to have a fine time putting it all on bobbins. :D

I only WISH I had a craft room!

I went and bought 2 mags yesterday too and one of them had a HUGE gift attached to it:

- 15 flosses

- 3 small gold round frames

- 3 ribbons

- 6 cards (3 with spertures)

- a swathe of aida

- needle

THe other mag had a small kit on it with:

- 2 cards

- 2 narrow aida bands

- 2 small roses

So, even MORE stash from those!

I didn't do any stitching last ngith though, as I had a horrid headache and couldn't concentrate, so I wound some of the flosses onto bobbins instead before turning in for an early night (although by the time I went to bed, the headache was easing off a bit so I did a tiny bit of reading too).

My two kits arrived from China today. I've been waiting weeks. Very excited to give them a go although they look very advanced (for me). I'm very happy as I thought they would be computer generated charts that people have put together but they are actual kits with all the bits. Happy Bunny!

I finished Charlie tonight. All I have to do now is wash and press him then he'll be ready for framing. :)

24completed200310.th.jpg

In a way I'm kind of sad I've finished because I really loved stitching him!

Wow! Johnny looks fab!

Went to see Alice in Wonderland 3D last night and i think I wold love to do one of Johnny as the Hatter - fabulous colours!

I started stitching a little Easter ATC last night. I should finish it today as it's a very simple little design. It's for an exchange on a Facebook group - we've been assured that one of this month's themes is Easter, so I thought I'd get a little head start. If it turns out the theme is changed (we find out for sure on 1st April), then I'll still have plenty of time to stitch another one and I can keep this one for myself or give it as a little Easter card.

Edited by Kell

I've just ordered the remaining 57 DMCs I need to start my first ever HAED (a storykeep).Now, if I'd bought them all at my local hobbycraft (at 85p each!!!), I would have spent

Everything craft wise seems to be way more expensive here, I'm not really sure why though tbh. I scrapbook too and it's so expensive to buy even from online shops where they're much cheaper than normal shops. It's really quite annoying isn't it?

What is a HAED storykeep, Kell? It sounds interesting :D And could I have the link for the website too please?

I've just ordered the remaining 57 DMCs I need to start my first ever HAED (a storykeep).Now, if I'd bought them all at my local hobbycraft (at 85p each!!!), I would have spent

What is a HAED storykeep, Kell? It sounds interesting :D And could I have the link for the website too please?

An HAED Storykeep is a bookmark from Heaven and Earth Designs.

And I'll send you a PM with that link for the cheap goodies. :irked:

I think you should post a piccie of what HAED you're going to do :D

Here's the HAED I'm planning on trying - it's called the Butterflies Galore Storykeep. There are something like 90+ colours in it. *gulp!*

036c2474398124aca4eaf51f5164b456.image.119x600.jpg

I didn't think I'd have time either, but I now read at times when I wouldn't be able to stitch; waiting rooms, short bus journeys etc. I take a book with me whenever I'm out and about in case Xan decides to take a nap in his buggy and I can have a sit down with a cuppa and a book. I also read in the bath and in bed. All my stitching gets done in the livingroom when Xan sleeps.

Finished stitching and assemblng 2 soft cubes for twin girls (babies of a friend of a firend - they're commissioned items! :smile2: ). I'll be posting pics on my blog shortly...