Joss's Book Journal

The Library Nook

Firstly I hope it is ok if I set one up, think this is a good idea. For several years I kept a record of everything I read, including reviews but then I just stopped and its such a shame because there is no way I can name all the books I have read in the past year or so. So I will start here and try and print it out so I can keep a paper copy too!

Anyway last night I started Sally Beauman The Landscape of Love and so far it seems good. I have never read any Beauman books but my future sister in law really recommends her.

Hi Joss, glad to see you have started a journal, I find reading others thoughts on the books they have read helps me find new things to read myself :wink:

I have read a couple of Sally Beaumans books, found them to be good, though it has been awhile since I read them :D

Always good to see another book blog - it's great being able to see at a glance what everyone is reading or what they have on their shelves. It's certainly given me a few new ideas of what to look for & I've discovered some fantastic authors through lokonig at blogs on here.

I have just finished Landscape of Love and wow what a fantastic book! It shifts time and perspective but is beautifully written. It twists and turns with so many suprises that right until the last page you wonder what will happen. It makes me long for idyllic England and long hot summers.

It is the tale of three sisters and how their lives are transformed one summer. The story is told from perspectives that helps reveal the secrets of youth.

Guest Anonymous

Hope you enjoy Labyrinth, Joss.

I thought it was very good.

Might be adding a few more to my own Mount TBR tomorrow after a trip to the charity shops, hehe.

Oooh Joss - I have read Pride and Prejudice at least 5 times! I just love this book. I have read Shadow of the Wind last year - it took me ages to get into it. It was a fairly good read in the end

Do enjoy reading the classics ?- I must confess that I often turn to them!

• 2 weeks later...