Jackanory

Nellie

Ah Jackanory. Rik Mayall was fab with GMM.

I remember Victoria Wood reading something too that I enjoyed. Some kind of take on Goldilocks - and I never heard the final episode. I'd love to find out what is was so I can finally end the suspense :readingtwo:. Seem to vaguely remember Bernard Cribbins and Kenneth Williams but not sure what they read.

I remember Victoria Wood reading something too that I enjoyed. Some kind of take on Goldilocks - and I never heard the final episode. I'd love to find out what is was so I can finally end the suspense :readingtwo:. Seem to vaguely remember Bernard Cribbins and Kenneth Williams but not sure what they read.

Apparently Victoria Wood read Ten in a Bed.

Bernard Cribbins was in 111 programmes and Kenneth Williams was in 69. Good ol' Wikipedia!:D

I used to like the old programmes too and apparently there's new ones on CBBC in the 'old-style' format where one book was read over 5 days. The one I know now (thanks to my children) is the junior version, which is one book read in one programme, but the junior version is for toddlers really, with shorter attention spans and memories.

Edited by BrainFreeze

Ah Jackanory. Rik Mayall was fab with GMM.

I think this is the Victoria Wood one you wanted to know about (from the BFI website)

Credits

JACKANORY: TEN IN A BED TOO MANY BEARS

Director SECOMBE, Christine

Production Company BBC TV

Producer BEECHING, Angela

Author of the Original Work AHLBERG, Allan

Designer GREAVES, Mary

Illustrations BRYCHTA, Jan

Reader WOOD, Victoria

Additional Voices JARVIS, Martin

Additional Voices AYRES, Rosalind

Does anyone remember John Grant and the 'Little Nose' stories? I loved Jackanory. It was always on just before our tea time when we were wee. It was always especially good when it was someone you liked reading the story.

Has Stephen Fry been on any of the new ones.