Louise Candlish

Ceinwenn

Has anyone else read any of her books? I've recently read 2 of hers - The Second Husband & Since I don't have you. I enjoyed both books imensely & would recommend her to anyone who likes chicklit.

The Second Husband is about Kate Easton, a divorced mother of 2 who, because her ex-husband is starting a new family, has to redesign her London flat & take on a tenant. She ends up falling for this tenant & they get married, but all is not as it seems,

as shortly after the honeymoon she discovers her new husband has been having an affair with her 17 year old daughter! Husband & daughter run away to France & Kate must, with the assistance of her sister & ex-husband, do everything in her power to get her daughter back, while trying to hang onto her dignity.

Since I don't have you - I read this book in 1 sitting (404 pages!). I was gripped! Best friends Rachel, Mariel & Jenny make a pact to take care of each other's daughters, exactly as they would their own, should anything happen to any of them. 6 years after they make the pact tragedy tears the three of them apart.

Rachel's daughter is killed in an accident & she abandons everything she knows/loves in London to become a recluce in Santorini, Greece.

Will their pact survive?

I thought that both books were really well written & were plots that I had not come across before. I shall definately be reading more of hers!

Edited by Ceinwenn
to add some text that went missing inside the spoiler tag

Me too! Although to be fair, there's nothing under the spoiler cut for Since I Don't Have You that's not in the synopsis on the back cover.

That's true, but since most of you don't have the book, I though best to hide it - didn't want to give it away!

• 1 year later...

I have just discovered this author and just finished 'Other People's Secrets' which I have thoroughly enjoyed - so much so that I have just got back from the library where I managed to pick up another book by her 'Before We Say Goodbye'.

I have read reviews that have likened her to Jodi Picoult but don't let this put you off as I really dislike the way she handles her storylines (but that's just me!) but have found Louise's style to be more rounded with more characters perspectives on the story.

• 2 weeks later...