Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

Kate

I'm jealous now!:blush: Is it like the book? Have they made any big changes?

Apparently it's all set in America :D (and I believe the lead characters are American, although an Aussie plays Becky)! I don't know why they had to do that - why couldn't it have been set in England to start with, with British actors? I gather it's book 1 with a bit of book 2 in it, so they could have moved to New York!

• 1 year later...

The only reason I haven't read this series is when I saw the film, (and then found out originally they were novels) I was very let down. It was quite awful, not funny, not cute, not interesting, far too long for what it needed to be... But I am currently starting a novel by S.K named Twenties Girl and depending how this goes I may just pick up the Shopaholic series and have a go at it.

The only reason I haven't read this series is when I saw the film, (and then found out originally they were novels) I was very let down. It was quite awful, not funny, not cute, not interesting, far too long for what it needed to be... But I am currently starting a novel by S.K named Twenties Girl and depending how this goes I may just pick up the Shopaholic series and have a go at it.

I read the books first and then saw the film. I loved the books, I think they're really funny, but I hated the movie. It was sooo bad. So I hope you give the books a try :)Twenties Girl is another brilliantly hilarious read by Sophie Kinsella, I think it's my favorite Kinsella novel :)

• 3 weeks later...

when I am feeling down I love to pick up the sophie kinsella books because they make me laugh, there well wrote, funny and a very easy light hearted read. I love the shopaholic series I own them all, I also confess to owning her stand alone novels which are 'remember me' and 'undimestic goddess' I'm have recently started to read the books she has wrote under the alias madeleine wickham,

not everyones cup of tea, and I have to be in the mood myself as I have started to favour thrillers aswell as chic lit, but every now and again if your anything like me you want a book that is a breath of fresh air and these are certainly it :D

just my opinion

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...