No one listened- Isobel and Alex Kerr

K1nS

I have just finished this book this afternoon and I thought I would share my views.

This is a type of tragic life story, some people think its 'sick' to read these kind of stories but I feel drawn in somehow and I find myself reading and learning a lot more about people.

The book is about two young children and how they cope throughout life, their father abused their mother when they was younger and eventually ended up killing her. It focuses on their feelings about life in general and how people treat them for 'being different'.

The book gets its title 'No one listened' because throughout the story, no one was interested in their feelings or what they had to say. They ended up getting moved around so much to different care homes and foster parents. The oldest child (Isobel) has her mind set on going to university, but no one believes in her and seems to judge her because she is in care, it shows her she proves people wrong and shows how being in care has no effect on you being normal.