anisia's Reading List

anisia

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

"Agnes Grey" was such a wonderful read :lol: I'm horrible at reviewing but I can say I definitely recommend it! I might be wrong as it's been years since I've read Jane Eyre (about 10 I think) but "Agnes Grey" reminded me of that quite a lot and I think as the classic book for next month I'll be reading that one.

I saw Twilight yesterday afternoon as I had a long break at Uni (the Mall is 15 min away) and even though I can't say I was amazed it made me want to finally start reading Eclipse, as I've been putting it off for a while. So that's what I'll start now!

I know it's not nice but I really want them to be over :lol: I have enjoyed them so far but not that much and I only continued reading because I didn't want to not finish the series. I'll borrow the last one in a couple of weeks to be done with it. Again not saying they were awful just...not as good as I thought they'd be after hearing about them for so long.

I worry I might be killed on the forum now, I've noticed quite a lot of Twilight fans :)

Ohh you mostly just have to avoid Roxi. :lol:

I was the same way towards the end.. I was enjoying the story, but I was also REALLY ready to be done. That last book in the series is SUPER long, and I was so happy to close it and move onto something else, since I read all 4 books back-to-back. That's alotta Twilight! :)

I'll stay out of Roxi's way :lol:

I couldn't have read all four together...no way! I have been taking long breaks! And Breaking Dawn is scheduled for far March I think. It's funny cause once I start reading the book, in 2 days I'm done but I take weeks to prepare myself :)

It's funny.. After the first book, which was the best imo, I couldn't WAIT to get my hands on the next one. And after the start of the 3rd one, I was getting pretty ready to be done, just to have it behind me. I should have done what you did and spaced it out.. probably much healthier for me. :lol: You seem to be on the right track, taking a bit of time between them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Life of Pi is a book I won't forget anytime soon! The ending was totally unexpected and it made the book even better, although all of a sudden way more serious and dark. I shouldn't have put the book off for so long, it was definitely a good read :)

Starting Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman tonight.

Anisia,

Some friends gave me "Life of Pi" before I left India.. it's really popular right now. I read the book and am not sure it's going to be for me.. So I'm glad you liked it, as that will give me motivation to try it. I have to just sit down and give it a go one day, I think.. just hard to be excited about it for some reason??? :)

Anisia,

Some friends gave me "Life of Pi" before I left India.. it's really popular right now. I read the book and am not sure it's going to be for me.. So I'm glad you liked it, as that will give me motivation to try it. I have to just sit down and give it a go one day, I think.. just hard to be excited about it for some reason??? :)

My girlfriend received it for Christmas a while back and she tried to read it and did not like it at all, which is odd, considering she generally loves most books.

It actually took me a bit to get into it mostly because I kept waiting for the part where Pi ends up in the lifeboat! But once I really sat down to read, I enjoyed it very much :) From what I've been reading in the threads here it seems like the opinions on it are quite divided.

• 3 weeks later...
Finished The Bell Jar finally and liked it a lot even though I struggled for weeks with it. Next on the list is "The Book Thief". I saw so many talking about it here that I bought it last week :)

I've had that one in my sights for a while but I never decide whether or not I want to read it. Will be looking out for your thoughts on the book once you finish it :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm so slow these days! My life has been taken over by all the exams and school and lots of laziness :friends0: Anyway, I have finally finished The Book Thief and I don't have the words to describe how much I liked it. There were some parts of the books so intense and so well written. Excellent book!

• 1 month later...

Just finished "The Most Beautiful Woman in Town" by Charles Bukowski. It was definitely different than what I usually read but the stories felt honest and real and distrubing at times too. I need to read more by Bukowski.

Starting Harry Potter now, need to finish the books before the movie comes out.