Philippa Gregory - The Queen's Fool

Kell

I actually finished this on Thursday but only got round to the review today - LOL! It took me about 3 or 4 days, so not so quickly really. :)

• 3 years later...

There's not much one can add to Kell's apt review above! :D

When I started reading this book, I was feeling sorry for Mary, and wishing that her bad luck would ease a bit (even though I know how the actual story goes). However the book is written in such a way, that it made me feel as if I am actually seeing the people and the lives they were living. Mary's scope was a good one, however she went about it in a cruel and heartless way - so I was almost waiting for her to die, and her reign to be over. She is succecded by her sister Elizabeth, as she never had any children, although she went through two 'phantom' pregnancies.

I am obviously going to continue with its sequel - The Virgin's lover, which is set during the reign of Elizabeth - the last of the Tudors.

There's not much one can add to Kell's apt review above! :lol:

When I started reading this book, I was feeling sorry for Mary, and wishing that her bad luck would ease a bit (even though I know how the actual story goes). However the book is written in such a way, that it made me feel as if I am actually seeing the people and the lives they were living. Mary's scope was a good one, however she went about it in a cruel and heartless way - so I was almost waiting for her to die, and her reign to be over. She is succecded by her sister Elizabeth, as she never had any children, although she went through two 'phantom' pregnancies.

I am obviously going to continue with its sequel - The Virgin's lover, which is set during the reign of Elizabeth - the last of the Tudors.

I love Gregory's books and The Queen's Fool is one of her best in my opinion :blush:

I have always loved the Tudors so these books are right up my street. I am very excited aboout her new set of books set around the war of the roses (as I do not know very much about them). It is a really fun and easy way to learn about history :lol:

Maureen - The Virgin's Lover is brilliant. I hope you enjoy it ;)