Any recommendations

Tbird

I'm looking for some new material to read, not so much any specific books but just good authors that seem to have a nack for writing a good book.

I'm looking for:

-A similar style to King/Koontz/Mccammon

-Horror/Thriller

-Likable characters

-An author that can entwine two or more stories and make a gob-smacking final twist

-Doesnt have to be horror; I really enjoyed 'Hearts in Atlantis' (King) 'A Boys Life'(McCammon)

-Some kind of 'evil' involved - be it super natural or human.

-Very good description and something easy to follow

-Don't mind ghosts as long as they utilized well (such as in 'Haunted' [James Herbert])

Dislikes:

-Vampires.

-Government plots to end the world and so on.

-Aliens (unless of course used in a heart warming way such as in 'One Door Away From Heaven [Koontz])

-'lX-rated' chapters clearly used just to bulk the book up

-I'm not into all the gore and stuff i dont want to be reading 'And as he ripped his spine out a heart stopping scream escaped him'

Any suggestions and/or help would be greatly appreiciated :D

When you say you'd be interested in thriller would that include serial killer or forensic investigation type stuff?

Two really good horrors I would recommend would be Graham Masterton 'Burial' and 'Flesh and Blood'. They both have great underlying storylines in them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been feeling in the mood for horror, also and my boyfriend recommended Thomas Ligotti to me. I am a scaredy-cat at best and his books seem terrifying to me, even though I haven't tried them yet. I doubt they have too much blood and gore, though - he wouldn't have recommended them to "faint-at-the-sight-of-blood"-me if they did ;). But, yes, perhaps give them a try? And if they're not too scary, maybe I can try them too... :)