Charlottes Web by E B White

Hello, I am new to this Forum and I have a problem in hand. I am currently enrolled in an Children's Literature class and i currently have a paper due on Charlotte's Web about what makes it an American text and how does the text contribute to helping its readers develop a national identity?

My teacher is not very helpful when it comes to explaining certain things about this paper, but the only question i have is what makes Charlotte's Web an American text. Is it an American text or is it not, all opinions are appreciated. Thank you

I'm not sure I understand myself, but it's written by an American author and set in rural America, which, in my books, would make it an American text.Not sure about the other part of the question though!

Hello and welcome

I would say it is an American text because of the setting and the author, as Kell stated, its set in rural America.

SomePig.jpg

What is distinctly American about this text?

I would say the farm is distinctly american due to the fact that there is a large farmimg community in America. The language which used as well.