The Killing Circle

kehs

I finished this book the other day and felt I should tell you all about it. It's almost a horror novel but I'd class it as a crime/thriller.

Amazon Product Description

A spine-chilling, mind-twisting new psychological thriller in which a writing circle is haunted by a serial killer, from the acclaimed author of Lost Girls Who is the Sandman: dream figure or killer? When Patrick Rush, journalist, single father and failed novelist, decides to join a creative writing circle, it seems a fertile time for the imagination. In the city of Toronto, a murderer is striking at random, leaving his victims' bodies mutilated and dismembered, and taunting the police with cryptic notes. Influenced by the atmosphere of menace and fear, the group begin to read each other their own dark, unsettling tales. One, Angela, tells a mesmerizing story about a child-stealer called the Sandman. Patrick, though, finds fantasy and reality becoming blurred. Is the maniac at large in fact the Sandman? What does Angela really know? And is he himself being stalked by the killer? But it is only when his own son is snatched that Patrick understands what he must do: embark on a horrifying journey into the unknown and track down the elusive figure known as the Sandman.

My Thoughts

I found that this tale built up slowly, starting with a writing circle of wanna-be authors. We hear some intriguing - and shocking - tales about each character and what events shaped their own personal tales. After the writing circle disbands one of them writes a story that he heard told there and claims it as his own. Then he meets up with the original author of the tale he has had published but strangely she doesn

• 2 months later...