Indian Cheese

Has anyone ever tried making Indian cheese?

I have had it in a curry a few times and it is delicious. I have looked up how to make it on you tube but was just wondering if anyone had actually had a go at making it themselves at home? Is it as easy as they make it look on the you tube videos?

What exactly do you refer to as Indian cheese? I've been to India and love Indian food but I've never seen anything resembling (or named) cheese :roll:

Then again I do have normand oringins, where anything less than runny camenbert is not worthy of being called cheese :)

What exactly do you refer to as Indian cheese? I've been to India and love Indian food but I've never seen anything resembling (or named) cheese :roll:

It's called Paneer.

I love Sag Paneer (spinach with cheese) it's yum! :)

I'm fairly certain our Tesco stocks paneer - I've certainly never tried making it.

Thanks Janet, I couldn't remember what it's real name was. I normally eat cheese and peas from my local takeaway - but I get them to make it with garden peas rather than chick peas - I know it sounds a bit disgusting but it really is delicious! :roll:

I don't think my Tesco stocks paneer but I will have a better look next time I go in. It doesn't sound that hard to make but I don't think it can be as easy as it sounds - could it?

Ah well, that depends what criteria you use... Can you smell it from a mile away and have the worms checked it out for you? No?? Then its definitely not cheese! *cracks up completely* Sorry, that's my normandy roots speaking, cant escape them... I once told my dad that mascarpone is a kind of italian cheese, he looked at me like I had lost my mind :roll:

Ah well, that depends what criteria you use... Can you smell it from a mile away and have the worms checked it out for you? No?? Then its definitely not cheese! *cracks up completely*

Truer words have never been said, my friend. *laughs out loud* A girl's got to have some principles! *cracks up and joins Chimera on the floor, laughing so much their stomachs hurt*

Yes, Janet, well... there's cheese. And then there's cheese. Just like there are shoes, and then there are Louboutins. All I'm saying...

And now I'm hungry. Evil you all.

No, Stephanie, I'm right along there with you! Cheese is disgusting! About the most I can tolderate is melted cheddar (and it MUST be melted) or Goats cheese (which I do have to admit I love, but that's the only one!)

*cracks up and joins Chimera on the floor, laughing so much their stomachs hurt*

Too bad its also hurting from the worms, those little beasts! *is now desperatly gasping for air and avoiding to look at ii or she'll lose it again*

No, Stephanie, I'm right along there with you! Cheese is disgusting! About the most I can tolderate is melted cheddar (and it MUST be melted) or Goats cheese (which I do have to admit I love, but that's the only one!)

I love goat cheese too! Its actually my favourite.

*is now desperatly gasping for air and avoiding to look at ii or she'll lose it again*

*isn't looking at Chimera either ... cracks up again*

I don't think I have a favourite cheese. Then again, I don't have favourtie pair of shoes either.

• 1 year later...