Marian Keyes - Watermelon

Maureen

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I liked watermelon, BUT I have to say that Anybody out there was a huge suprise for me.

I just finished reading it. I had very crazy times laughing out loud in the tube or sobbing my eyes out at home while reading it. Literally. She made the pain and the joy so real. I still cry a little or laugh out loud when I remember parts of it.:)

I'm proud to say I read Watermelon when it was first published and have followed Marian Keyes's career ever since. The only one I haven't read is her very latest as I haven't seen it in any shops yet.

I liked watermelon, BUT I have to say that Anybody out there was a huge suprise for me.

I just finished reading it. I had very crazy times laughing out loud in the tube or sobbing my eyes out at home while reading it. Literally. She made the pain and the joy so real. I still cry a little or laugh out loud when I remember parts of it.:)

I agree. It was brilliant. Totally and utterly brilliant. The swings in my emotions when read that were enormous. Plus the voices of her characters are just so real

I'm proud to say I read Watermelon when it was first published and have followed Marian Keyes's career ever since. The only one I haven't read is her very latest as I haven't seen it in any shops yet.

Me too. I love her with all my heart. I've seen the latest but only in hb and I don't do those unless it's unaviodable (young Mr Potter is all I think)

I REALLY fell for her when I read Lucy Sullivan - the descriptions of deep, deep depression were surprisingly what I needed to hear at that time of my life. I thought, "I know it's a character in a book but either Keyes has experienced this herself or she's a bliddy fantastic writer; in either case I want to read a LOT more by her."

(We just won't mention the coincidences in Last Chance Saloon where a bunch of Irish people move to London and - surprise!! - all bump into each other there because yeah, it's a tiny city...)

(We just won't mention the coincidences in Last Chance Saloon where a bunch of Irish people move to London and - surprise!! - all bump into each other there because yeah, it's a tiny city...)

You obviously don't know about Irish people and London then :)

Trust me - it happens. The word is Kilburn

Well - you know what I mean. :) I won't say too much here for those who haven't read it. But that book kinda pushes the 'six degrees of separation' thing a bit too far...

And not know Irish people? Where do you think I got my surname?!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...