Show your bookshelf

beef

You've got some great books there :). Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson, Peter F. Hamilton, Terry Pratchett are authors I all really enjoy reading books from. I hope you have fun reading them! May I ask what the big books by J. R. R. Tolkien are on the top shelf (to the right)? I can read it says Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit, but you've already got those on the bottom shelf),

May I ask what the big books by J. R. R. Tolkien are on the top shelf (to the right)? I can read it says Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit, but you've already got those on the bottom shelf),

They are all my wife's, she has reading copies and nice shelf copies which were a present from me. LOTR is the 50th Anniversary edition and this edition of The Hobbit. They are her pride and joy of books :D Here's a better pic :D

They are all my wife's, she has reading copies and nice shelf copies which were a present from me. LOTR is the 50th Anniversary edition and this edition of The Hobbit. They are her pride and joy of books :D Here's a better pic :D

I was just about to ask, do you share your bookcase or do you have your own shelves and she has her own? :)

I was just about to ask, do you share your bookcase or do you have your own shelves and she has her own? :)

She has hardly any books so we do share, but she gets most of hers on the Kindle now.I'll always love my shelves, can't wait till they are all in one place :D

She has hardly any books so we do share, but she gets most of hers on the Kindle now.I'll always love my shelves, can't wait till they are all in one place :D

Sounds like you two make a great team, it's rather convenient she likes her books on Kindle so you can have more space. A lot more convenient than if you two were both obsessive-compulsive book hoarders :D (Not saying you are one, of course :D)

Sounds like you two make a great team, it's rather convenient she likes her books on Kindle so you can have more space. A lot more convenient than if you two were both obsessive-compulsive book hoarders :D (Not saying you are one, of course :D)

Oh I am, definitely. It is helpful :) I also have a lot more DVDs then her, although she keeps calling them our DVDs :dunno:

• 2 months later...

The past few days my boyfriend and I have been busy buying, building and organising new book shelves! My other book shelves all look slightly different too since I moved some books around.

The new book cases: (a few of the books are his)
20130331_135438_0.5x.jpg

Two of the old book cases rearranged:

20130331_135645_0.5x.jpg

My other two book cases haven't changed that much (other than moving the Terry Pratchett books and making a horror section), I didn't take any good pictures of them (so see earlier in this topic if you're curious).

It was such fun reorganising many of my books ^_^. Now genres are more grouped together as well as books of one author. ie. I now have a section for historical fiction, contemporary fiction, chick-lit, literature, information books, biographies, etc. My science-fiction book case has been unchanged, fantasy was already close to one another for the most part. I've made one horror section too, in the other book case that I don't have a photo of atm (I did that last so I didn't take a photo of that).

Athena, I already said it on FB, but sonovabitch, those are some damn fine bookcases and some damn fine arranging of books! :D

My other two book cases haven't changed that much (other than moving the Terry Pratchett books and making a horror section), I didn't take any good pictures of them (so see earlier in this topic if you're curious).

I have a feeling I remember those bookcases... They were literally _filled_ with books, right? :D

It was such fun reorganising many of my books ^_^. Now genres are more grouped together as well as books of one author. ie. I now have a section for historical fiction, contemporary fiction, chick-lit, literature, information books, biographies, etc. My science-fiction book case has been unchanged, fantasy was already close to one another for the most part. I've made one horror section too, in the other book case that I don't have a photo of atm (I did that last so I didn't take a photo of that).

Reorganising is a whole lot of fun! I like it that you've gone with organising by genres, that's what I've done myself. I think it's just easier to remember where each book is, that way.

Edited by frankie

I have a feeling I remember those bookcases... They were literally _filled_ with books, right? :D

x

Yes! :blush: Ideally I need even more book cases if I want everything to be single rowed. Thanks for your comments, that means a lot to me :).

x

Yes! :blush: Ideally I need even more book cases if I want everything to be single rowed. Thanks for your comments, that means a lot to me :).

Do you have any space for new bookcases, could you acquire a few more of them? I would love my bookcases to be single rowed, because I don't like it that I can't see half of my books without moving the books in front of them... But then again, it saves so much space when you can do two rows :shrug:

At the moment not really, unless I get rid of other things in my room (such as my desk, bed or sofa). I would've bought more if I had the space XD. In some years I plan to move and maybe then I'll have more space :). I hope so, but not sure really, it will depend on what we can afford etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Created my own "floating" bookshelves today. Corner braces, and then I sewed clothes for them with leftover fabric from curtains, and just screwed them up on the wall. 

bookshelves_zpse8966643.jpg

Edited by emelee

• 3 months later...

Love the shelves Emelee .. good job :)

I have a hankering to peek at more bookshelves. :D Does anyone want to share some pics or their new or updated shelves?

Oh me too .. even though it gives me shelf-envy :D I haven't put any new shelves up for a while .. more or less run out of space so I need to see other people's :D

Just looked at everyone's shelves and they are all so amazing!! But it makes me a little sad that I only have one shelf of space at school :( 

After high school and college I want to have huge bookshelves that take up entire walls. 

Mine are still a work in progress. I'm toying with the idea of another one and a half book cases, but I'm not sure.

Post your progress pics! (Please.) And yes, definitely go for the extra book cases. :)

Just looked at everyone's shelves and they are all so amazing!! But it makes me a little sad that I only have one shelf of space at school :(

After high school and college I want to have huge bookshelves that take up entire walls. 

Feel free to post a pic of your shelf at school! It's not about who has the most books or the nicest shelves; we just like to sticky-beak at each other's displays and I think we all enjoy trying to read the book titles to which what books we have in common. :)

Post your progress pics! (Please.) And yes, definitely go for the extra book cases. :)

Feel free to post a pic of your shelf at school! It's not about who has the most books or the nicest shelves; we just like to sticky-beak at each other's displays and I think we all enjoy trying to read the book titles to which what books we have in common. :)

I definitely will once I go to school. I leave this Saturday so hopefully everything is all set up by Sunday or Monday. Unfortunately, I usually only bring the books that I haven't read yet. I wish I could bring my whole collection.