Show your bookshelf

beef

Haha. Sorry Ben but once again I'll have to put it off a bit longer. I got sidetracked with other things and am now busy with work. I'll see what I can do in the next week. :)

Well, what a coincidence! You bumped the thread and I've got a new bookself! giggle.gif

It's not exactly new since I bought it used from someone on CraigsList Thursday night, but it works really well in my tiny space and I love it.

post-8818-0-94238600-1341076218_thumb.jpg

That's excellent Peace looks great very stylish. Is it actually meant to be a ladder for a high sleeper bed ?

It's funny, I was showing my new shelf to my mom yesterday and that's the exact same thing she said, that she wants it to have next to her bed!

VF, it's from IKEA and meant to be a book shelf, apparently. They have wider versions too but this one I bought used and it fits perfectly in my little studio :D.

Frankie, I agree, I love the shape of my lamp. I love any kind of 'drum' shade and it goes really well with the rest of my furnishings :).

• 2 weeks later...

DSC00506.jpg

A couple of issues:

1) Your Iain M. Banks books are not in publication order

2) It looks like you have Star Wars prequels on your upper shelves, you'd better see to that before they rot the wood they are standing on.

2) It looks like you have Star Wars prequels on your upper shelves, you'd better see to that before they rot the wood they are standing on.

Ah yes, Raven is definitely back. :giggle2:

A couple of issues:

1) Your Iain M. Banks books are not in publication order

That would involve touching them ;)

something tells me you like Stephen King Timstar ;):giggle:

You could say i'm a fan :) In fact bought another one today :lurker:

Super organised Timstar .. does it always look like that or did you tidy a bit? :D Those Stephen King's make a good show .. all the different coloured spines look great.

It is always organised as I am that sort of person... but these shelves are not at my main residence so they don't get a lot of attention. Can't wait til I have enough space to put them altogether.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great shelves, Weave and Emelee. :)

Found a tumblr collection of bookshelf pics, spent ages looking at it already.

http://shareyourshelf.tumblr.com/

Thanks for sharing, Brian. It's a great link. I would love to study Proust with this professor in his library!

I have finally gotten all my bookshelves into some semblance of order and have taken updated pics. There are a few CDs placed here and there as placeholders for books I'm expecting in the mail soon.

Library (fiction):

post-3835-0-36853200-1349835628_thumb.jpg post-3835-0-73989200-1349835721_thumb.jpg post-3835-0-90226400-1349835689_thumb.jpg

Lounge room (non-fiction):

post-3835-0-53165600-1349835459_thumb.jpg

Study (non-fiction - language, grammar):

post-3835-0-70584400-1349835746_thumb.jpg

Thanks Tim! I have Gone with the Wind and To Kill a Mockingbird posters too (believe it or not, I have only just realised that all 3 are 'books to movies') but they aren't hanging up. I've had War of the Worlds up for ages, so it's time to swap them over I think. :) The other pic is a replica of the poster that John Lennon used as the inspiration for the song Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite. I bought it at the Liverpool Beatles Festival in '04 and had it shipped over here. Luckily it survived the trip OK!