Twilight by Stephanie Meyer - your favourite characters and why

Alexander

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Alice because she seems fun, loving outgoing person. I also liked how she can see the future.

I also Like Jasper, I liked hearing about his past about how he became a vampire and the scars on his arms etc, however I wanna know more about that side of Jasper, think a book should come out just about that.

Edward for the obvious reasons.

I quite like Jacob in the first two books until Eclipse

when Jacob flings himself onto Bella, I just wouldn't want a guy flinging their self on me, But at the same time I do understand why he does it.

I don't dislike but I don't like Rosalie either, mainly because I feel sorry for her, especially when she tells her story.

Of the three books, the character I liked best was Jacob Black, perhaps because it showed the character more happy / positive. Now the last book, I love vampires they appear.

I also love Rose, perhaps because she wants to be human to have a normal life (having children, aging). I also like Jasper since he is a great fighter (strong) and quiet.

• 9 months later...

Edward, always. He was always there first and Bella's nothing without him. I hate how she forgets the state she was in when he was gone, she really doesn't deserve him. >___> Yeah Jacob's alright sometimes, but he just makes me very angry most of the time.

Edited by Kell
Changed format from italics to normal text.

She's nothing without him? That's a curious thing to say. Can I ask you to elaborate?

I'm personally of the opinion that Bella is a blank sheet of paper, a shell of a character for Stephenie Meyer & co to project their own personalities into. Still, how would her state of depression when he left her be a reason to stick with him forever and ever?

I think it's sad that anyone would think that any girl/woman is nothing without a man! This is one of the many problems I have with these books - the portrayal of a girl who cannot cope without her much older boyfriend. She's just so needy and whiny all the time! I wanted to shake her and shout "Grow up and get a life, you stupid girl!" I also failed to see the attraction in Edward. How any girl could possibly "deserve" a boyfriend who is, quite frankly, a dangerous stalker, is beyond me. The only remotely healthy-minded male in the picture is Jacob, and even he tips over the balance into obssessive jealousy when it comes to Bella, so although he's marginaly better for her than Edward, he's still no great shakes in the boyfriend candidate department.

To be perfectly honest, her best bet of normality might have been someone like Mike - he's her own age and isn't obsessive or stalker-ish. Instead, he befriends her and looks out for her as such...

• 2 weeks later...

But maybe Bella wasn't looking for normality. What would be more appealing for an ordinary girl like Bella, just a normal high school boy, or this mysterious attractive guy who is only interested in her?