Lost in Austen - ITV1, 3 September, 9pm

Janet

We debated whether it was maid or name too. I'll stick iPlayer on and see if I can work it out. :blush:

ETA: Or maybe the ITV equivalent!

Any luck yet, Janet?

I'm tending towards maid, as Darcy was going to marry her before she mentioned she'd lived with a man for nearly a year! (The idiot!) She should have realised how that would be viewed in that day and age...

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, on listening again it was definitely "maid".

A bit late I know, but here are my thoughts on the final episode! Well, a nice happy ending! It was a good twist, that Amanda ended up with Darcy, rather than Lizzie. I thought the ending was possibly a little rushed - Amanda was telling Lizzie to talk to Darcy, and the love would come, then next thing Amanda is with him! It was quite an interesting slant that Lizzie said she was born "out of her time" and actually preferred modern-day London, whereas modern girl Amanda longed for Austen's time and felt more comfortable there.

I still would have liked to have seen more of Lizzie and Darcy coping in modern times. Also, a slight quibble about the ease with which Amanda made her decision to go and be with Darcy - doesn't she have family? She didn't consider them or her friends. And if I were her, I would have taken some modern practical things back with me! But then I would never have had the courage to go anyway.

Do you think that the door between worlds would remain open, or would it be closed forever now things are how they're meant to be? It would be great if there was a second series. :D