How does your partner feel about your reading?

My hubby used to do that but now he's realising that if he wants a logical response, he'll wait till I'm done. And e now apologises if he interupts my reading time. :D

LOL! Well, with my depression as bad as it is, I can barely concentrate when he talks to me anyway. I doubt he would even bother interrupting me if I were reading at this point.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hubby used to find my habit of reading in bed annoying, but after many years of marriage, he's resigned himself to the fact that a good book just has to be read, no matter what time of day or night it is. He's not a reader, sadly, but he is very tolerant and has learned how to sleep with the light on!

Please, please, please don't let anyone make you even consider the thought that you may be wasting your time when you read. How can something which is at once mind-broadening, vocabulary-enhancing, sensibility-deepening, tolerance-teaching, imagination-stretching etc. be a waste of time :D?

That is very true and so beautifully put!

I read an article a while ago that said that people who read a lot have more empathy for other people because they are used to seeing the world from somebody elses point of view. So it's official - reading makes you a better person! :smile2: